VPN not working

FIXED
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: VPN not working

Thanks for your post sagesolar.

Sorry for the lack of tag - Community doesn't like me today!

With regards your VPN, are you able to connect to it via alternate connection methods, such as mobile data?

sagesolar
Hooked

Hi Owen, Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I am currently having to use mobile data to connect which is not ideal. I have seen that others with a similar VPN issue to me have had the following resolution: "... there is an issue with certain VPN clients and certain allocated IPs. The IP address that you are currently connected on falls within the range that is affected by this issue. I have performed a session kill to try and move your IP address on to a different range. Please can you turn your router off for at least 10 minutes? Please let us know if this doesn't resolve the issue." Is this something that can be done for me? Thanks 🙂
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @sagesolar,

Thank you for confirming that you're able to connect to your VPN when on mobile data. I've performed a session kill now, please let us know if you're still unable to connect to your VPN after turning the router off for 10 minutes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
sagesolar
Hooked

Hi Emily, Thank you for looking into the issue for me. I have turned off my router for 10 mins and then rebooted and tried again, but sadly I still cant connect to my work VPN using FortiClient. I have attached a pathping to my work VPN server if that is of any help. Thanks 🙂
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @sagesolar, thanks for getting back to us.

Are you able to please PM the name of the business you're trying to connect to as well as the client you're using to my colleague @TheMightyAJ?

(I can appreciate the client is listed above but it just gives @TheMightyAJ visibility of the information he needs.)

sagesolar
Hooked

Hi Owen, ok I have just PM them. Thank you.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @sagesolar,

Thank you for sending the PM over, I've checked and there aren't any known issues with connecting to that particular VPN client from Plusnet so I'd recommend that we look into this as a general connection issue at this stage.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL If these checks don't resolve the problem, the next step would be to connect your router directly to the test socket, which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the connection stabilises This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. Please see the following guide for instructions on how to connect to the test socket. https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Please let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ndevaney

Hi Plusnet, 

I also appear to be falling foul of this issue. I am unable to connect to a comapny VPN and as a new home worker this is causing much embarrassment. - BTW The company uses Cisco S/w for the VPN connection

Is there anything you can do ASAP to correct this issue please.?

If you need the VPN details then please message me.

Thanks

Neil

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @ndevaney,

I'm sorry that you're unable to connect your VPN and for the inconvenience that this is causing you.

I've tested your line and the test hasn't picked up any connection issues from here so I have performed a session kill to move you onto a different IP range to see if this resolves the issue. Please turn your router off for at least ten minutes and then try to connect to the VPN once you turn it back on. Please let us know if this doesn't resolve the problem.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
kashayp123

Hi i am using junos pulse 5.0, earlier i was able to connect to the every application through junos pulse but from kast 15 days i am getting host not found error while connecting junos. I am to connect the pulse through mobile hotspot but its not working with my home wife however it was perfectly working earlier. IT also not able to identify the issue pls help
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @kashayp123,

I'm sorry to hear that you've started to experiencing problems with connecting. I'd like to look into this further for you but, unfortunately, I've been unable to find your account from the details that we hold for you on this side.

Please can you send me your account username via private message? Please add another comment to this post once you've done that and we will pick this back up and investigate this further for you.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
soniam

I'm a new customer to PlusNet and tried to work from home this morning using VPN. 

I get connected to WiFi but no internet connection.  I use Cisco VPN. 

I've searched through the other posts but can't find a fix.

Previously connected with TalkTalk broadband and no issues with VPN.

Can you help?

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @soniam and welcome to the Community Forums.

We are limited on what support we can offer in getting to the bottom of your VPN issue however we'll do what we can in helping get to the bottom of what's causing the issue. Having tested your connection from this side your speeds and connection look where we'd expected them to be (even during the training period of a fresh connection) with no signs of errors or issues. When you've mentioned you use the VPN for work, does your work note your IP address down to allow access to the VPN by yourself? If so then I believe the current default dynamical IP address you have, having changed over the last week a few times could be behind no access to the VPN. If this is the case then please let us know and we can advise of add-ons to get around the problem.
When using the connection without VPN, have you noticed and problems or difficulties in accessing anything?

soniam

Hi @BD thanks for the quick reply.

I talked to a colleague who advised that rather than typing in the WiFi password, I should use the WPS button on the router to authorise the connection.  This appears to have worked for me.

To summarise for others:

• Open Network and Sharing
  • Disconnect Wifi and 'forget'
  • Reconnect and rather than manually typing in WiFi router password, press the WPS button on router

My WiFi connected, I logged in to my VPN, and now have access on my work laptop.

Thank you.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

It's great to hear you found a solution to the problem @soniam and I'll certainly keep this in mind for others who experiencing VPN issues moving forwards. If there's anything we can help with moving forwards please don't hesitate to get back in touch.