cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN not working

FIXED
MattParfitt

Re: VPN not working

Please could you respond to my private message.

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Polo78, I've just sent you a reply to your private message which I hope helps. Again I'm sorry for the delay in coming back to you. Please do let me know how you get on.

@elhaxi, I'm struggling to find your account from the details in your forum details. Mind sending me a PM with your username please? 

@MattParfitt, sorry for the delayed response, I've given my colleague a nudge and he'll reply to you very soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JJ89

Hi EmilyD, PlusNet,

I’ve also been impacted by this issue since joining Plus Net in October. I’ve checked a couple of other ISPs (Virgin and Hyperoptic Broadband) and they are not impacted in the same way. Is this something specific to how Plus Net obtains their IP addresses? Are there any plans for a long term fix?

The technical support at Plus Net have moved me to a static IP and I’m still having issues. Through trial and error, I’ve seen issues with IP addresses that start with 146, 143 and 212. Do you have a full list of the impacted IP ranges? It would be good to be able to supply this to tech support.

Thanks!
ashgreen

New Plusnet router fixed this for me immediately.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @JJ89, I am sorry that you have been having issues. Are you able to PM e the VPN client you are using and the business you are trying to connect to? I'll then chase this with our Networks Team for you (though may not get a response for a few days due to the New Year).

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
cspiby
Grafter

I've suddenly started having issues with my work VPN, it was working fine yesterday but it now won't connect, it works via 4G.

The remote side complains about not being able to establish a connection due to the GRE protocol being blocked.

I have a 51.6.x.x IP range.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @JJ89, sorry for the delay in response. I have provided the response from our Networks Team here.

Hi @cspiby, it seems the recent firmware update coincides with you experiencing this issue, so I've raised it to our Products Team to see if they can shed some light.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@LaurenB wrote:

Hi @cspiby, it seems the recent firmware update coincides with you experiencing this issue...

It doesn't. Firmware was upgraded on the 13th from what I can tell?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

cspiby
Grafter

It was to do with the IP range, once I reconnected and eventually got a new IP, the VPN worked again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear that your VPN is working again. Thumbs_Up

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cspiby
Grafter

You could fix the VPN issue on the 51.6.x range?

Rogersfamily

Hi PlusNet Support,

My work VPN has issues with some PlusNet users, not me personally though.  I head up the IT delivery function, the business has 40,000 UK based employees.  Is there someone I can talk to in order to resolve this for our staff?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Rogersfamily, could you drop me a PM with the name of the VPN client you're using and the business you're trying to connect to, I'll get this passed over to our networks team to look in to further. Would it also be possible for you to provide me with some information to locate some of the accounts of people you know that are experiencing problems with this (Username, IP address, telephone number the services are provided on or full address and postcode etc.)

Thanks.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@HarryB wrote:
Would it also be possible for you to provide me with some information to locate some of the accounts of people you know that are experiencing problems with this (Username, IP address, telephone number the services are provided on or full address and postcode etc.)

I'd guess that under GDPR this may be difficult to provide?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sagesolar
Hooked

Hello, I am having the same issue with my work VPN, which is FortiClient. Is it possible to PM someone regarding this?