Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN not working and disconnected. Cannot open any documents on laptop

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: VPN not working and disconnected. Cannot open any documents on laptop

Strangely, I can confirm your static IP address looks to have been in place for around a week now so nothing looks to have changed our side.

@BD I'm not sure how that agrees with @dvorak s comment above 'Yes the IP address has changed from a 35.X range to a 31.X range. '

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JessHazell
Dabbler

Having the same issues again and the IP has changed. Does anyone please any any ideas? I'm taking the laptop in today to get it rebuilt as a windows device rather than a thin client.IP2.PNG

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@JessHazell  your IP address hasnt changed , its still a 31.x address and from your post it does appear to be a static IP;.

I think as advised earlier, you're going to have to go back to your IT support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Agree - same IP address as yesterday when it was working.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @JessHazell, and thanks for getting back to us. I can confirm your connection and IP address looks to be the same as when it was working yesterday which makes me think it's not the IP address that's behind the connection issues you've been seeing. I'd advise then checking with your IT team to see if they can suggest anything that may be behind the issues you've been having. Hopefully the Windows operating system change shows improvements for you also. Let us know how it goes.