Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two websites

angelab
Grafter

Re: Two websites

Quote from: angelab
Quote from: PJ
Connect to your webspace using your FTP client and create two sub-folders, one for each site....

...I have gone to ftp://ftp.plus.net/ and double-clicked on the htdocs icon to open up the folder.
Inside it I have made two sub-folders as directed, named for domain1 and domain2.

Hmm.  My domain2 is now transferred in OK.  Smiley
I have configured the Domains page to point to a subfolder "domain2" in the htdocs folder on ftp://ftp.plus.net/  Smiley
But my attempt to create the subfolder called "domain2" within the htdocs folder does not seem successful.  I have only succeeded in creating a subfolder called "domain21_files" (i.e. it has "1_files" added onto the name I gave the subfolder), and another associated file called  "domain21.htm".
In Reply #3, AverageWhiteBloke was advised to wait 24 hours for something to take effect - and it obviously did. That was not for the "domain2" subfolder to magically appear within the htdocs folder was it?  (wishful thinking)
Maybe I should create the "domain2" subfolder on my PC, drag the domain2 files to it, and *then* drag the whole lot into the htdocs folder?
It's so frustrating to be so near . . . and yet obviously still so far!
Angela
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi again angelab
Quote from: angelab
I have configured the Domains page to point to a subfolder "domain2" in the htdocs folder on ftp://ftp.plus.net/  Smiley

If your subfolder is called folder2 for example, the url to the folder will be:
for PlusNet: http://www.username.plus.com/folder2/
or
for Force9: http://www.username.force9.co.uk/folder2/
Do not link to the: ftp://ftp.plus.net/htdocs/folder2/ that is the wrong way to do it!
In Reply #3, AverageWhiteBloke was advised to wait 24 hours for something to take effect - and it obviously did. That was not for the "domain2" subfolder to magically appear within the htdocs folder was it?  (wishful thinking)

No.  To make a new folder right click on the window and select New Folder, then right click on the folder and select rename or double click on the folder and rename it!
I hope this helps,   Smiley
[Edit]
Maybe I should create the "domain2" subfolder on my PC, drag the domain2 files to it, and *then* drag the whole lot into the htdocs folder?
It's so frustrating to be so near . . . and yet obviously still so far!

Yes you should create the folder on your PC and uplode the files from there.
Always keep a copy of your site on your computer!  Wink

angelab
Grafter

Ah, making the subfolder *on my PC*, filling it with the files, and *then* dragging *that* to the htdocs folder - that's it!
Easy when someone spells out how!  Roll_eyes
Many thanks tdadyslexia !
Angela
BattleRat
Grafter

winSCP is also a good, free alternative as it understands hidden files/directories and gives you a terminal to boot.