cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TopCashback Declined ??

kittykat8993

TopCashback Declined ??

Hello,

I have just switched from TalkTalk to Plusnet. I shopped around for a new provider and eventually decided on Plusnet due to not only the reputation and service that I have read and heard about but due to the fact that they also offered £70 cashback if bought through TopCashback.

I placed my order with Plusnet through Top cashback and everything was fine. A week or so later I checked my Top cashback and my cash back was denied. After contacting Top Cashback they said that Plusnet couldn't verify a purchase??? I have filed a complaint with Top cash back and I have spoken to someone from Plusnet last week who said they would look into this with the week but I've heard nothing. 

I'm really disappointed that I've not received this as I said this was a promised incentive that I haven't received.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!!

Thank you Smiley

12 REPLIES 12
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: TopCashback Declined ??

Thanks for getting in touch @kittykat8993

As this matter concerns account sensitive information we can't go into detail over social media but I've created a ticket on the account regarding this which you can view by going here.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
monty2
Hooked

I am new to plusnet having just switched from BT and also went via topcashback expecting cashback of £80.  I have been informed by TCB that plusnet have refused this cashback, I would like to know why you have refused when I completed the transaction without any codes or vouchers?

Also I have not received any plusnet rewards which was promised when I signed for Plusnet.....i was expecting a reward for BB & landline and 2 others for 2 mobile contracts.  Please kindly advise?

Not happy!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting in touch @monty2 I can see your account was signed up online on a cashback offer directly through Plusnet. If you're unaware of this then it is likely to be some sort of cookie attribution error where you hadn't cleared cookies or cache before starting the signup process through TopCashback, you had multiple tabs/windows open on the device you were using and/or you navigated away from the signup process temporarily before going back into it.

We emailed you on 26-Sep-2019 at 00:01 from "no-reply@plusnetrewards.com" with instructions on how to claim the cashback. Once you've filled out the short form the email contains, you'll get a cheque within 30 days. If you can't find the email, I've added a link to the form on a support ticket you'd be able to view from Here.

Regarding the cashbacks you were expecting on your mobile contracts, can you PM me the mobile numbers?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
monty2
Hooked

Thanks for getting in touch @monty2 I can see your account was signed up online on a cashback offer directly through Plusnet. If you're unaware of this then it is likely to be some sort of cookie attribution error where you hadn't cleared cookies or cache before starting the signup process through TopCashback, you had multiple tabs/windows open on the device you were using and/or you navigated away from the signup process temporarily before going back into it.

There was no request or instruction to clear cookies from TCB or more importantly plusnet and this is not something a website should require.  A company as big as plusnet should be handle to this request whether there was a so called build up of cookies or not.  

There was no instruction from TCB / plusnet to close other tabs and this might interfere.

I navigated away and the returned to TCB and started a fresh meaning you should honour the cashback you offered.  Its cheap to offer such a deal and then offer these excuses as valid reasons for declining the cashback.  I have honoured the transaction and subscription and went through the TCB page as instructed.  I have previously successfully gone through transactions with BT, SKY & Virgin with cashback websites...why does plusnet not offer the same standard?

I have checked my emails and cannot see an email regarding plusnet rewards in the inbox/ spam/ bin so will use your link provided, thank you.

I have sent you a PM as requested.

Are you going to honour the cashback via TCB?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @monty2 

There was no request or instruction to clear cookies from TCB or more importantly plusnet and this is not something a website should require.  A company as big as plusnet should be handle to this request whether there was a so called build up of cookies or not.  There was no instruction from TCB / plusnet to close other tabs and this might interfere.

The FAQs on TopCashback's website advises this Here.

I navigated away and the returned to TCB and started a fresh meaning you should honour the cashback you offered.  Its cheap to offer such a deal and then offer these excuses as valid reasons for declining the cashback.  I have honoured the transaction and subscription and went through the TCB page as instructed.  I have previously successfully gone through transactions with BT, SKY & Virgin with cashback websites...why does plusnet not offer the same standard?

Sounds like you've been trying to claim both our cashback and TopCashback's. I'm afraid that two types of cashbacks can't be used in conjunction to one another as per our terms and conditions/FAQs Here. If you didn't try to claim two types of cashback either way your account has tracked on a Plusnet direct cashback offer due to the above steps you took.

I have sent you a PM as requested.

Thanks, I'll reply shortly.

Are you going to honour the cashback via TCB?

As your account has tracked on a cashback offer directly through Plusnet, I'm afraid it's not possible to honour the cashback via TopCashback. By not possible I'm meaning it's not something we'd do as well as not technically possible because there'd be nothing showing on the affiliate system we use for us to approve, because your account hasn't tracked on this offer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
monty2
Hooked

How is the reward card offered by plusnet the same as the cashback offered on TCB?

My first impression of plusnet is a joke.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm sorry to see you feel that way @monty2 

Cashback is simply a general term to cover a variety of cashback types from a cheque to a reward card. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
monty2
Hooked

Regarding the rewards for the 2 sim card contracts are you going to reply to the PM I sent to you last week?

It was your request that I PM you details.

Also on these forums there seems to be masses of customers who have been refused cashback from topcashback and yourselves, they also appear to be unhappy and disgruntled...why are you having this issue with so many customers?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @monty2,

I'm very sorry that your private message wan't picked up and I will pass on feedback about this. Thank you for sending over the requested information.

In order to look into your query about the cashback, we'll just need to go through a few security questions before we can access your account. Please can you send me a private message with confirmation of the following:

- whether you are the account holder for both mobile accounts.

- your full address including the postcode,

Please reply on this thread once you've done this and we'll get this picked up your you and look into the cashback issue.

Regards,

Emily

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @monty2 I do apologise for not messaging you back on Friday, I've been looking into this and I'll be sure to message you back today before my shift finishes at 10pm. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

Regarding your TopCashback claim, this was declined for a valid reason because you tried to claim two different types of cashback and in addition it was a cookie issue on your device which isn't something we've any control over.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
monty2
Hooked

Also on these forums there seems to be masses of customers who have been refused cashback from topcashback and yourselves, they also appear to be unhappy and disgruntled...why are you having this issue with so many customers?

Not just myself in this situation

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@monty2 There are various reasons why cashback via TopCashback can be declined and we’ll always look to put things right and honour the cashback if it’s our error. Unfortunately in your specific case you signed up on a Plusnet cashback offer therefore we aren’t able to honour TopCashback’s because two types of cashback cannot be used in conjunction with one another. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet