cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Virgin

rattykath

Switching from Virgin

Hi,

I am thinking about switching from Virgin Media, but am worried it might be too awkward and costly to do so. I don't think there is a BT line in our house so presumably we would have to pay for its installation. How much would this be? If there was a problem with that phone line in the future, whose responsibility would it be- Plusnet's or BT's and what is the service like when diagnosing faults? Do you have to pay?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Switching from Virgin

Hi @rattykath,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm happy to advise you as I appreciate your concerns about switching from Virgin Media.

If there is no BT line then the standard installation charge is £49.99. Any issue with the line in future should be reported to us, we will liaise with our suppliers Openreach who would identify or fix any faults. Fault diagnosis is thorough and is done using Openreach systems, you would not pay for faults to be fixed if they were infrastructure related.

I trust this is of help, if you have any questions you can come back to us or you can contact our Sales Team directly on 0800 432 0080 between the following hours:

08:00 to 20:00 (Monday to Friday)
09:00 to 19:00 (Saturday)
09:00 to 18:00 (Sunday)

Call wait times to our Residential Sales Team are minimal, although peak times do affect the time you have to wait.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF