Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Norton

R75
Dabbler

Re: Switch to Norton

@adam945 

What fix? I am only aware of a supposed fix via this forum.  Had I not looked at this forum, in the search for information regarding this failure, I would be completely unaware of the 'fix'.  There is nothing on the Plusnet website regarding the problem.

Customer services have not informed me of any 'fix'.  They have repeatedly denied it is a Plusnet problem and that I have to deal with it directly with Norton.  Hence the deadlock and Ombudsman referral.  As a customer I have had no other option.  Yesterday, the only contact from Plusnet was to tell me that hadn't had time to send the promised deadlock letter.

This is entirely unacceptable and (from your assertion of the supposed true situation) was completely avoidable.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for getting back to me @R75.

So we ourselves in the Customer Service Team aren't informed on exactly what takes place to fix such issues. We most likely wouldn't understand it anyway. Instead, we have back end teams whom are far better trained to deal with such issues, and resolve them as soon as they can. 

Customer service agent's ought to have adequate resources to provide customers with the most up to date and reliable information that they have. In terms of those you've spoken to, we wouldn't know whether they've simply not received the necessary comms to confirm that an incident had been raised on our end. We can't always promise a resolution date, but instead should be informing customers that "we're aware of an issue, and our teams are working on a fix". 

Please can you confirm whether you've tried downloading Norton from your Member Centre after the 5th?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
R75
Dabbler

@adam945 

The only formal response from Plusnet (via my customer account page) has been to deny any responsibilty.

Whilst I wouldn't expect a CSC Analyst to have any technical knowledge or ability, I would reasonably expect them to be aware of on-going failures of Plusnet services provision to customers.  Especially when the customer (me) had told them the specific issues (Incident Management Task IMT) of that failure, as related to me by a member of Customer Escalations on 30 June.

The CSC Analyst (customer services) denied all knowledge and any responsibilty by Plusnet for the failure.

Quote:

CSC Analyst
7:25pm, Tuesday 5 Jul 2022

"I advised I will have a look into to this for to see if I can any more information on this from our side. On 5th of July I advised there is nothing that can be done from our side and you would need to contact Norton since we can’t support this due to being 3rd party."

He did not tell me that anything was being done internally to address the failure and that remains the case.  The problem was mine to deal with!  There is either a failure of the CSC Analyst to do his job correctly or a failure of internal sytems within Plusnet to provide him with the relevent information to undertake his job adequately or both. From a customer perspective this is completely unacceptable. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I understand @R75, while we can't always prevent these types of issues arising, on this occasion, it did stem from Plusnet's end, and all CS agents you've spoken in, in a perfect world would be well aware of the matter, and that it's been raised with our Incident Management Team. 

It appears to be a lapse in communication on our end that has resulted in some misinformation, though I'm glad to see that apparently, things are now sorted. 

Again @R75, have you tried downloading Norton AntiVirus from your Member Centre? 

Adam
R75
Dabbler

@adam945 

Sorted? I don't think so. 

Your CSC Analyst handling my complaint is still ignoring me, despite starting work at 1130hrs today.

Formally, as far as Plusnet are currently concerned, the matter remains in deadlock.  Therefore there has been no further attempt to download Norton Antivirus.

The 'fluffy' helpful approach on this public forum is sadly not reflected in private direct contact with Customer Services via my Member Centre account page.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

So our Customer Advocates Team will have a number of cases that they work on every day @R75, I can assure you, you're not being ignored, and your case will be addressed as soon as possible. 

It does however seem that I'm no longer able to offer any further valuable input here @R75, so I'll leave this between yourself and your case handler. 

If you do have any separate concerns about your Plusnet service though, please do let me know. 

Adam
gshipley56

Hello all, where has this got to?

While waiting for the Norton problems to be solved, I installed AVG Free at the start of July as a temporary fix which I thought was indefinite, but now it tells me it has expired so I need to act again. I reinstalled AVG again today and it isn't clear to me whether it has allowed me indefinite access or just a month—it is quite annoying at nagging me about paying for premium services, but appears to have done a quick scan properly.

Is the Norton software now up and working?

Also, McAfee has continued to appear to update itself regularly—is it really doing so? I think that in early July I tried to uninstall McAfee and it said I needn't because I had an active subscription—is this also true?

GS

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there gshipley56, 

The issues with Norton have now been fixed so it would be best to give that a try again. 

Please try adding that to your account and do give me a shout if you encounter any problems. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I just wanted to check back in with you to see if you've been able to get Norton up and running or if you need any further support with this?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team