Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Norton

R75
Dabbler

Re: Switch to Norton

@Gandalf 

Quote "I can't guarantee McAfee will carry on working because the switch to Norton is completed in our systems. 

Maybe there's people in the Community here who could help you find a temporary alternative."

But Norton doesn't work either does it!

Plusnet & Norton have admitted this is a known problem affecting multiple cutomers and that teams within Plusnet and Norton are trying to fix it.  However, general awareness by call centre staff in both companies is very poor, with each trying to blame the other.

After 6 phonecalls (taking 3 hours!) I eventually spoke to one tech support at Plusnet who suggested I download AVG (free) until the issue can be resolved. Failed Norton roll-out is a major issue within Plusnet and is considered an Incident Management Task (IMT)  I would suggest you quote this to anyone you speak with at Plusnet/Norton.  Norton are completely ignoring me.

I am also receiving phishishing emails proporting to be from Norton. This started less than 48 hours after providing my email address to Norton via the Plusnet/Norton account sign-up.  At least the scammers are on the case!!!

https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Issue-with-Processing-Norton-for-Plusnet-Order/m-p/187...

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all and thanks for your patience whilst we've been working on this. 

We're rolling out a fix tomorrow which will resolve the issues with not being able to download Norton or in some cases it presenting an error to show that it's for mobile devices only (which isn't the case). 

I'll update this thread once that's all gone ahead and please get back to me in the meantime if anyone has any questions.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
R75
Dabbler

Finally just spoke with Customer Services.

Plusnet are unable to do anything about it.. They will only refer any issue to Norton. They state it is nothing to do with Plusnet.

This failure does not count as a breach of terms & conditions, according to Plusnet, so any customer affected by this are on their own.  Consequently, as Plusnet refuse to do anything, I have asked for a 'deadlock letter' in order to refer the matter to the Ombudsman.

Appalling customer treatment.  Avoid Plusnet at all costs.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to see this R75, I can see that you're communicating with our complaints team so they'll make sure we're doing all we can to help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
R75
Dabbler

@adamwalker 

You are doing absolutely nothing to help.

Communicating with your complaints team is as pointless as the rest of customer service:

Plusnet has washed it hands of the issue; "it's not Plusnet's problem, contact Norton". Norton say "it's Plusnet's problem, contact them" and repeat ad infinitum. 

I presume that is the fix you referred to being rolled out yesterday; abandoning paying customers.

Awaiting referral to the Ombudsman.

austinsom
Grafter

@adamwalker  - any update on the fix that was to be rolled out yesterday?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

We aren't washing our hands of the issue and we're working with the vendor to resolve it. 

I've asked the project team for an update, but just to confirm are people still not able to download it by going Here?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
R75
Dabbler

@Gandalf 

Really?

Below is a reply from the Plusnet CSC Analyst dealing with my complaint, copied from a 'Question on my account:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the 29th of June you raised a complaint about not being able to download Norton anti-virus. We advised you to go away and contact Norton about this. On 2nd of July you advised you have had no response from Norton or Plusnet about the ongoing issues. On 4th of July this got assigned to myself in the Customer Advocates department. I advised I will have a look into to this for to see if I can any more information on this from our side. On 5th of July I advised there is nothing that can be done from our side and you would need to contact Norton since we can’t support this due to being 3rd party.

I just want to start off by apologising for the difficulties not being able to download Norton anti-virus on our add-ons page.

You like you us waive the early termination fees, since you believe we have breached your contract terms and conditions.

As mentioned there is nothing we can do help, apart from advise you to go back to Norton and chase this up with themselves, since we don’t have access to this software due to being 3rd party. I can confirm Norton anti-virus add-on is not contractual based and therefore I can confirm we haven’t breached your contract.

Therefore we will not be able to waive your early termination fees, if you choose to leave us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you lying @Gandalf or is the Plusnet CSC Analyst dealing with my case lying?  

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

No one's lying @R75, @Gandalf has raised the matter again with our back end teams for a further update as to what exactly is being done to rectify the widespread issues we're having with Norton at the moment. I can re-open the complaint on the account if you'd like, though practically, the work to resolve the Norton issue is ongoing. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
R75
Dabbler

@adam945  @Gandalf 

Both of you say the widespread problem with your provision of Plusnet Protect via Norton is still being woeked on.

The Plusnet CSC Analyst I have been dealing with says (as detailed in my previous post above) that there is nothin Plusnet can do nothing about it and that it is up to me to try and sort it out directly with Norton (who don't want to know  as they say it is a Plusnet problem)

Both positions cannot be true. Hence someone is lying, and it certainly isn't me. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me. 

So I've just checked out the open incident on our side, a fix was rolled out on 05/07/2022, but can take between 1-2 working days to take effect with all customers. 

I'm also sorry for the miscommunication provided by your case handler. Technical Support with Norton - once the service has been installed and registered, indeed does go through Norton, though in this case, the issue stems from a problem on our end - now supposedly resolved. 

Adam
R75
Dabbler

@adam945  @Gandalf 

So your supposed 'fix' was rolled out 2 days ago. 

As both of you, me, my appointed CSC Analyst and presumably every customer affected were not made aware of this, what form did this roll-out take?

----------------------------

QUOTE: "Technical Support with Norton - once the service has been installed and registered, indeed does go through Norton, though in this case, the issue stems from a problem on our end - now supposedly resolved"

---------------------------

So the problem IS with Plusnet, as I have been unable to even download the software, let alone install it. That would explain why Norton refer me back to Plusnet.  Its does not explain why Plusnet consistently have refused to do anything about it and deny it is their responsibility.  However, it would appear that no-one is actually sure that the issue has been resolved.

QUOTE: "I'm also sorry for the miscommunication provided by your case handler."

So he was the one that was lying.  Hardly "award-winning customer service" is it. 

Perhaps you would like to contact him to point this out.  He may be too busy though, as he was unable to provide my 'deadlock letter' for referral to the Ombudsman yesteday, as promised on 5 July.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me, though I wouldn't say we've not been doing anything about it. This was raised well before 22/06/2022, and work has been going on in the background to have it resolved. 

Again though, I do apologise for the inconvenience this is inevitably causing. The miscommunication here can probably be attributed to gaps in knowledge, and the lack of understanding on where you are with your Norton installation, as I said, it's clearly a Plusnet issue if you're unable to even download it from your Member Centre. 

Have you tried it again today? 

Adam
R75
Dabbler

@adam945 

QUOTE: "This was raised well before 22/06/2022, and work has been going on in the background to have it resolved."

Why then was the roll-out of it continued, with a final cut-off date of 30 June 2022 for customers to transition to Norton, when it was known to not be fit for purpose?

QUOTE: "The miscommunication here can probably be attributed to gaps in knowledge, and the lack of understanding on where you are with your Norton installation, as I said, it's clearly a Plusnet issue if you're unable to even download it from your Member Centre."

I have been VERY clear in the process I had followed, as directed by Plusnet, in numerous telephone calls.

The on-going failure of Plusnet in this matter has been grossly compounded by the failure of Plusnet customer services to address my genuine problem (and now complaint) and repeatedly deny any responsibility in the matter, despite your admission of liabilty. 

The lack of understanding you suggest lies completely within Plusnet.  Consequently Plusnets continued refusal to accept any responsibility has resulted in a complete deadlock. Hence I have no other option other than to refer the complaint to the Ombudsman.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

so your case handler will be dealing with the Ombudsmen referral @R75, and all matters regarding the complaint on your account, for now though, I'm more interesting in seeing whether you've been able to download and install it since the fix was apparently put through? 

If you're still struggling, please can you send across some screenshots of error messages you're seeing? They'd really help. 

In terms of the rollout itself, the vast majority of our customers have not had issues in downloading, registering and using their Norton AntiVirus, though there have definitely been some teething issues on some accounts, which our teams have been working hard to fix. 

Adam