Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting domain across 2 servers

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Splitting domain across 2 servers

Quote from: djr
[...] it helps me keep the site secure as I can keep the .htaccess file in a folder above that of the home page of my domain.

This particular concern ought not matter because the server should not be configured to allow .htaccess files to be accessible by clients. (You can verify for yourself if this is the case by attempting to download it)
Mathew
Gabe
Grafter

I think the scripts used by PN to add domains to the rewrite maps on ccgi may be a bit "basic", but it's not impossible to add subdomains. The "set to basic" request for mysite.com will get you the domain (twice, for some reason) and the www and ccgi subdomains. If you also request ccgi to be "set to basic" for blog.mysite.com , that will get you blog.mysite.com (twice) and www.blog.mysite.com and ccgi.blog.mysite.com. (Hmm.) I assume PN still allow this; there are certainly sites that have been set up in this way.
Gabe
djr

Thanks Gabe. I think I will put the whole site on cgi and have my domain pointed there. It is getting too complicated for me to work it differently.