Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward Card Problems

DerekW
Rising Star

Reward Card Problems

Hi,

I have a problem with my reward card.

I received my reward card the other day and went through the process of activation.

Once I got to the the end of this process I got another email from Purecard saying: 

We're just getting your card activated and set up so that you can start spending. Once complete, we'll send you another email to let you know. You can then log into your account to get your account details.

This email so far has not turned up, I have called Purecard to try and resolve this but have got nowhere, with one person saying "Things are running slow today, please wait" to another saying "The people who deal with the Plusnet cards do not work on weekends."

I have already searched the forums and followed the advice in them and the FAQ's but to no avail

Can anyone offer any help or insight on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Derek

"No one has ever become poor by giving" - Anne Frank
11 REPLIES 11
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Reward Card Problems

Hi Derek,

I'm really sorry for the issues with activating your reward card.

Just to confirm, have you rung (specifically) 0344 879 1069? They should be the right people to help. 

Let me know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DerekW
Rising Star

Hi @Gandalf ,

Many thanks, that number got me straight through to Plusnet card services.

The person I spoke to got me to try and activate the card again whilst I was on the phone with them but the same thing happened.

They have reported this to the technical team and have promised to call me back once they know more.

Kind regards,

Derek

Moderators Note: Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum rules

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Derek,

No worries and I'm glad to see you're making progress now!

Keep me posted on how you get on. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DerekW
Rising Star

Hi @Gandalf 

I have finally managed to get the card activation issues resolved however I now have a different issue which I hope you may be able to help with.

When logging onto my reward card account it tells me I only have a balance of £60.

When I signed up the reward card offer was for £75, any idea where the missing £15 has gone and is there a way I can get this back?

Kind regards,

Derek

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Derek,

I'm glad to see you've managed to get your reward card activated now. Looking at your account our side, I can see it tracked on a £60 offer rather than £75. Can you remember how you signed up, was it through an affiliate's website? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DerekW
Rising Star

HI @Gandalf 

I signed up direct from the Plusnet website for the Unlimited Fibre Extra deal which offered a £75 reward card.

The same deal is still available via the Plusnet website.

Kind regards,

Derek

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Derek,

Ah what's odd is that the offer your account tracked on came from an affiliate website.

Did you browse to other websites looking at different offers, apart from plus.net, at the time of signing up? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DerekW
Rising Star

Hi @Gandalf 

I looked at a number of comparison websites for the best deal at the time.

After making my decision I came direct to the Plusnet website to complete my order, however I remember very clearly that the reward card incentive was for £75.

I guess I must have been "cookie stuffed"

As far as I was concerned I was signing up direct on the plusnet website, after typing the URL direct into my browser, and the reward was for £75 and that is what I was expecting to get.

Kind regards,

Derek

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Derek,

Makes sense and that seems to explain what's happened. 

I can't increase the amount of the reward card but I'll be happy to add the difference as a goodwill credit towards your next bills our side. If you're happy with this, could you let me know by replying to the ticket I've created Here

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DerekW
Rising Star

Hi @Gandalf 

I have responded to your ticket.

Many thanks for all of your help in resolving this issue, it is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Derek

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Derek,

No problem, I've added that credit now. Really sorry again for the mix up. 

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet