cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove devices from McAfee

jing
Hooked

Remove devices from McAfee

I have 7 devices on my Mcafee account that's bundled in as part of PlusNet Protect. However, none of them are in use, so need to be removed. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a way of doing that from the McAfee web page.

I literally just need them all removing from my account so I can download McAfee on to my current devices. Anyone know how I do that please?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Remove devices from McAfee

Hi @jing

We'd have to arrange for McAfee's Support Team to call you back to remove the devices from their side.

Can you drop me a private message with your account username, a contact number to reach you on and a timeframe when you'd be available for a call?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tryinghard

I have same issue

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Tryinghard

Feel free to drop me a private message with the above info^ and I can arrange a call back from McAfee Support.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tryinghard

After a PM to Plusnet McAfee soon phoned and sorted.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

I'm pleased to hear you've had a call and got this sorted @Tryinghard, just get back to us should you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
jing
Hooked

So I just got off the phone with McAfee and they told me that there's no need to remove the devices and that I should be able to continue installing the product.

I'm on a Mac, and they said they don't know if PlusNet provides a license for Mac, do you @Gandalf?

Honestly, the McAfee person was pretty dismissive and useless, frankly. I think I'll probably just go an buy some AV elsewhere.

Tryinghard

The Plusnet site says up to 7 PCs
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@jing wrote:

So I just got off the phone with McAfee and they told me that there's no need to remove the devices and that I should be able to continue installing the product.

I'm on a Mac, and they said they don't know if PlusNet provides a license for Mac, do you @Gandalf?

Honestly, the McAfee person was pretty dismissive and useless, frankly. I think I'll probably just go an buy some AV elsewhere.

@jing The McAfee product via PN is NOT compatible with Macs - it is Windows only, and to be honest I wouldn't use it anyway.

John
jing
Hooked

@jab1 appreciate the follow up. I already went ahead and purchased a Bitdefender license. 👍

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @jing, as @jab1 has mentioned, it isn't compatible with Mac. Should you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team