cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Reach line registered at different address

Carina
Hooked

Open Reach line registered at different address

Hi, not sure if anyone can help as it is a bit of an odd one. I have a cottage which was one of five cottages owned by the same owner. We had shared broadband but gradually we all now have independent broadband and mine is with Plusnet. The Open Reach engineer did message me when he was installing my broadband and said that one of the other cottages was registered as having my cottage on their broadband /line etc. He said is could be an issue down the line if I wanted to sell. (I am not being charged for another cottage) I doubt Plusnet can help me but has anyone got any idea how I would find out more from Open Reach please, as they are uncontactable. 

many thanks Carina 

4 REPLIES 4
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Open Reach line registered at different address

@Carina 

It might also be a problem if you wish to change provider in the future.

Use the address version of the following to see what is available - post code only and select the address from the drop down list. https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Is your address correct in your PN Account?

If it is an address problem in the OR database then a PN member of staff can submit a request for a check. If your'e not in a hurry wait for a staffie to pick up on the thread.

Brian

Carina
Hooked

Thank you I am very grateful for your reply 

Carina
Hooked

I’ve just checked my address plus the address that is meant to have my address as registered and it seems to look OK but I’m not really  sure what I’m looking at. The addresses are separate and they both show that FTTP is not available but other services are all available. I hope that is a good sign that each property is registered as a distinct property with different owners, but would like this confirmed if possible- thank you very mulch for your help 

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

Hi @Carina 

Thanks for reaching out over the forums, hope you're doing good today Smiley 

Unless your property name is different to the one we have, there isn't much we can do. Checking your address against the Openreach records, I can only see your line registered and nothing else. To be honest I'm not entirely sure what the engineer is referring to unless the physical line is different. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team