cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving my master socket

Ultima546

Moving my master socket

I know this topic has been covered quite a few times but.. I would like my master socket relocated, does anybody know whether it would be possible to do this as part of joining plusnet as a new line installation (49.99) or would they not do this as I have a working BT line already? Regardless I want the old socket which enters to the hallway and looks scruffy, removed. A new box in the lounge behind tv, which is actually on the same wall directly above where the line actually is connected to my house.

My current provider has said they will do this for £85, but am looking to move provider shortly.

Any thoughts comments appreciated thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Moving my master socket

It will probably cost more than that to get Plusnet to do it. I think the only way the new line installation could be used if you have a second line installed, with its master socket located where you want, before ceasing the current line.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

It's not unheard of for engineers to install a new socket in a new location, however this unfortunately isn't something we could guarantee as part of a new line install and as ejs said, it would have to be specified as a second line in to the property.

If you had a line with us and wanted it moving, we would pass on the charge we get from our suppliers, which is £160 Undecided

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Ultima546

Thank you for all your comments, maybe it will be best to get my current provider to do it at £85. It will be a one off cost to get the master socket where I want it.