cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm I mad?

stuglass

I'm I mad?

Hey, I just signed over to Plusnet yesterday from BT but looking at these forums I fear I may have a made a mistake! Any positives or should I get out now while I can?

10 REPLIES 10
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: I'm I mad?

Welcome to the forums, @stuglass.It's not as bad as it seems. By the very nature of ISP forums, you only post when something isn't quite right and not when everything is OK - why would you?

Plusnet have thousands of customers, what you see here is only a tiny fraction. I've been here nearly seven years, after quite a while with TinyWorld/Tiscali/TalkTalk, and if you want to see real tales of woe, go and have a look at TT's forum.Wink

If you have problems here, the Plusnet Support Team or many of the knowledgeable customers will help to resolve them, providing you give them as much detail about the issue as possible and respond when you get a reply. I do what I can (not that much, admittedly Smiley ), but get a bit disheartened and back off when I offer advice to new customers, and they either fail to reply, or come back and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, especially when their initial post indicates they know nothing.

In summary, join us and if you need help. ask.

John
summers
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Only kings go mad.

The rest of us just pass the time of day ...

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I've come to the conclusion that if you can avoid telephoning support, your experience with PN (and other ISPs) should be pretty painless.  TT have a terrible reputation, and BT (the one I was with before PN) is overpriced for what they offer.  I don't know whether the new PN billing system is 'kinder' to new customers than it has been to old ones being transferred onto it.

As @jab1 said, customers tend not to bother to report positive experiences, and the help available from other customers on this forum is one of the advantages PN has over some (most?) other ISPs.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If you look at the reviews for All the other providers they are bad, even Zen who are supposed to be the best get bad reviews, I have always managed to get through to customer services in reasonable time, you have to pick your time carefully. If you have a problem you are best to post it on here to get it sorted, 

Chris

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

This is why I am reluctant to try and help new customers. The OP has visited the forum once and asked a valid question, hangs around for less than 24 hours during which time they have received two replies, doesn't acknowledge either, then disappears into the ether - I give up!Ticked_off

In future, I will only contribute where the OP is either an established forum member, or where they are at least prepared to engage in meaningful dialogue,

John
stuglass

Thanks all for your responses! I'll give it a go hopefully won't need all your assistances in the future (fingers crossed) 5 days to the switch over. Praying it goes smoothly!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I've checked your order for you and I can see it's currently progressing fine to complete on the 20/12/18. Your phone service would normally move over first in the early hours of the morning, and anytime before midnight your broadband will.

Once you've received an email and text message advising that your broadband is ready to use, if you plug in your new router(which should arrive soon) you'll be up and running.

Obviously please feel free to let us know over here, via Facebook/Twitter, calling us on 0800 432 0200, or via live chat, if any of that doesn't go to plan and we'll be happy to help out and investigate for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stuglass

Hey,

I just wanted to report back my transfer experience. All positive so far, line switched across no problem and internet switched across that evening. Plusnet kept me informed about everything and was impressed with how simple everything was. Switched over to Plusnet mobile as well, unfortunately my old mobile number hasn't transferred as yet, one working day apparently but made switch on 23rd Dec, Christmas holidays etc, so hopefully should be sorted out soon! But so far so good!

Thanks

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @stuglass, thanks for getting back in touch.

I am pleased to hear your transfer went smoothly and all is running as it should.

With regards to the porting of your mobile number, there will have been a slight delay due to the festive period but if it's not ported by 28/12/2018 please do let us know and we can take a look.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team