cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have FTTP, but neighbours cannot get it.

N7ck
Grafter

Re: I have FTTP, but neighbours cannot get it.

I'm pretty sure cable broadband isn't available anywhere on the site. So I don't know why it's saying that.
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@N7ck 

Not the weather for doing it but an image of the equipment on the pole might be handy.

It may be your property was served by an underground chamber whereas your neighbours' are served by the pole. You said your address was "1a" - is it a newer property ie built after the others.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 398

@N7ck It's possible I suppose. Once fttp on demand is installed, I guess fttp would be available to future occupiers.i would expect it to show WBC fttp available in that case...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

N7ck
Grafter

My house was a new build, (it's a Park Home).
The site was upgraded to fibre 3 months before I moved in due to the site office having connection issues.
I ordered fibre but due to strikes I had to wait and in the meantime I had the landline/dsl installed.
I wonder if at the time, I was able to get fibre due to me being a plusnet customer already.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 398

wonder if at the time, I was able to get fibre due to me being a plusnet customer already.

the fibre is installed by Oenreach, if it's available it's available to any ISP that uses Open reach.

If your property is close to the site office, then maybe they got fttp on demand installed, and being close by .

, your property was able to piggy back on their installation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@N7ck 

It's possible the estate FTTP hasn't been completed so the circuits are not live. It's also possible that there is an OR database error where the records haven't been updated.

Once again it's not he weather for doing this but a bit of street walking might be in order to build up a picture.

One the pole itself there should be a CBT (Connectorized Block Terminal) which has the "ports" for house installs. The size depends on how many houses the pole services. This is what I want a picture of. There may be other OR equipment as well.

Is the pole fed by from another pole or are there cables coming up from the ground? Walk the streets to see if there's any other poles nearby with a CBT. If there is are any of the "ports" connected (which shows FTTP installed for that line)? If you can show properties either side of your neighbour have FTTP then an ISP can request an ORDI check which asks OR to see if there's any errors.

Finally see what www.openreach.com says about DTTP for you and your neighbours

Brian

iannewson
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

The best bet is for them or you to contact openreach via https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form and they will check for an issue with the database and report back