cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from BT

stephenwillo
Hooked

Moving from BT

My contract with BT ends on 14 March 2014 after which I'm intending to move to PlusNet.
I got part-way to choosing my package and signing up, but it wasn't clear if/whereabouts in the process I would notify PlusNet that I am currently with BT, and arrange for the contract with them not to be renewed. How does this work?
Many thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Moving from BT

@stephenwillo If you mean your current contract expires 14/03/2024, you should initiate the transfer much closer to that date, otherwise you will be hit by Early Termination Charges.

When you place your order with PN, they will notify BT that you intend to move, and, under the Gaining Provider Led procedure, will handle everything for you.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 411

Re: Moving from BT

@stephenwillo be aware that Plusnet are not currently offering a phone service with new orders. So you will lose any landline or digital voice service you currently have with BT. If you wish to retain your landline number it should be possible to port it to a third party voip provider within 30 days after the move.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.