Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to [-Censored-]-off Plusnet Customers - again

FIXED
WasJohn
Grafter

How to [-Censored-]-off Plusnet Customers - again

Today's marketing email reads  "Hello John As a Plusnet customer, you deserve our best and most exclusive deals. Like award-winning Fibre broadband for just £21.45 a month for an 18 month contract. That's lower than anywhere else.
(Even lower than what new customers pay...) So dump the dumbbells, bin the breadmaker and bag a broadband bargain plus a £50 Reward Card. But be quick. Offer ends 2nd February."

Oh goody, how generous, those Plusnet people are being kind:

For new customers

Why bother upsetting your existing punters, every time your marketing people crawl out from under their stones they manage to drive their old, cherished? bill paying mugs away to look at pastures new.

So do I get the next 18 months for £21.45 a month or do I carry on paying through the nose.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: How to [-Censored-]-off Plusnet Customers - again

@WasJohn 

Rather than getting hot under the collar why not ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and ask

.Who knows, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Up to you, I don't like a year and a half contracts personally.

If you're happy with your connection and the service then fine, sad PlusNet marketing feel the need to tie people into such long contracts now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I may be missing something, but I don't quite understand the issue. If we've made you a renewal offer, better than what new customers can get, you should be able to accept and put it through online via your account. From what I can see Here your fibre package for a new customer would cost 50 pence more than what we're offering you. 

Does the email you've received say "for new customers" or are you looking at the offers on the front page of our website? 

If it does, could you private message me a screenshot of where it says in the email showing this? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
WasJohn
Grafter

I got round to ringing customer services and was very plainly told that the sales emails offering a deal was for new customers only. 

I also logged on to my Plusnet account, to see a better January sale offer - and that was for new customers only, when I rang up to accept it.

Why dangle a sausage on a string in front of your existing customers if you aren't going to let them eat it?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi @WasJohn

I'm really sorry to see you're still having issues, accepting the offer we've made.

Upon further investigation having looked at the e-mail you private messaged me again, it looks like we sent you that offer on the back of a mobile account with us, inviting you to sign up for broadband as a new customer, however you already broadband with us, so I suspect the system hasn't checked for this before we e-mailed you. Sad

I'd like to arrange for an adviser from our Customer Options Team to call you back and discuss this further if that's OK? 

If so, drop me a private message with a good contact number we can reach you on and a rough time-frame when you'll be available for a call. Smiley They're open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm Saturday's and 9am to 6pm Sunday's, though I can't guarantee a they'll be able to call today as they may be busier than normal on a weekend.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet