Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Plusnet FTTP

oldboke
Dabbler

Future Plusnet FTTP

Hi

My FTTC contract expires in the next couple of months.

I'm wanting to go to FTTP which is available to my house to increase my speed, I read earlier in the year PN are going to provide this service, but it only said later this year.

Is there any news on this or am I going to have to change provider?

Thanks

Paul

5 REPLIES 5
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: Future Plusnet FTTP

See most recent reply from Plusnet to yesterday's post on similar subject:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/I-have-a-few-questions-about-the-upcoming-FTTP/m-p/183... 

ie. Plusnet are not yet able share when they will start offering FTTP.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @OldBloke,

I'm afraid we don't have any updates on this at the moment. If you'd like to discuss what options are available in further detail, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Options Team a ring on 0800 013 2632, who can be reached between the hours of 8AM-8PM from Monday to Friday, 9AM-7PM on Saturdays and 9AM-6PM on Sundays.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
albur55

I just spoke to very helpful Plusnet support team member (Mike in Sheffield) and asked about FTTP availability.

He was quite confident that it was coming soon, and would be available "January, if not before" and that there would be plenty of publicity when it happens........

I, like more than a few of you (!) am "dying" to get FTTP as their is a lovely fibre cable down our road, and I really want to stay with Plusnet ( I like the no-nonsense approach) rather than jump to BT.

Heres hoping our patience will be rewarded with an Xmas present!

Rgds

AB

nr Scarborough

Shackman205
Rising Star

As I write this there is an Openreach van in the driveway whilst the guys are laying fibre to my house. Most of our village will apparently be connected by the end of this month (snow/storms/covid permitting) and the system is expected to go live early January. Obviously I would like to change to a fibre service as soon as possible; I too have been quite content with Plusnet service and have no real wish to change to BT.  So come on Plusnet, get your FTTP package rolled out please!

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'