cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full fibre availabele for newbies, but not me!

wildswan
Hooked

Full fibre availabele for newbies, but not me!

So, I put in an adress in my road and I am offered Fibre to the Premises.  If I log in to my Plusnet account, then all I am offered as an 'upgrade' is same speed broadband through the phoneline, with no phoneline.  At the same price (give or take 50p) that I am getting the broadband AND phoneline for.  Oh and they want me to commit to 24 months contract with the 'upgrade'.  I think that I'll just bide my time on the current contract, then go elsewhere.  The fiasco with my mobile and this means that I just don't trust this company to treat me fairly.

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Re: Full fibre availabele for newbies, but not me!

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @wildswan I'm sorry our website isn't giving you the option to upgrade to Full Fibre. You can keep an eye out when Full Fibre is or when it will be available here Fibre Checker (openreach.com)

You can always call our Customer Options Team to see if they can do you a better deal than you have online. You can call them on 0800 013 2632.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@wildswan 

Run the Checker for several addresses in your street including your neighbours. If FTTP is available at most properties then there could be a database problem with OpenReach.

Also, are your served by an overhead or underground phone line? If the former has any equipment been added to the pole?

Brian

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@wildswan  Where are putting your address to see the availability of FTTP? The only checker to use (as that's what Plusnet  use) is ...  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

Try the phone number version first, which is the most accurate then the address version to confirm.

You need to see WBC FTTP in the left hand column, not FTTPoD.

wildswan
Hooked

I long for the day when people actually read all of a post before replying.

I live in a terraced house.  The address of a neighbour three doors down, says FTTP is available ON THE PLUSNET WEBSITE.

See attachment.  Our road has been dug up and the fibre optic cables laid in the pavement ready to connect up each house.

If there is a problem with the PN website not getting FTTP availability correct with addresses, say that.  Saying that you should use another website (not PN) to check for availability of a product that is to be supplied by PN is ridiculous.

I was quite attached to my domain name and the e-mail addresses that came with it, but I have already taken steps to get other email addresses that I can rely on.  The fact that BT is running PN down is inarguable and the way we are being treated does not engender loyalty.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

If there is a problem with the PN website not getting FTTP availability correct with addresses, say that. 

it's not a problem with the Plusnet website. Plusnet take the information from the BT Wholesale database, which is the definitive data,  and present it. Its not unknown for the BTw data to be wrong,

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@wildswan 

OpenReach supply and install the hardware for connections. All those ISP's who use the OR network use and depend on the information held by BT Wholesale (who are resposible for the services supplied to ISP's using the OR network).

Users on this forum cannot know exactly what the problem is. We ask questions to obtain more information and then offer an opinion as to what the problem may be.

To be clear PN use the same Checker that users can use. If it says no then PN say no.

As you say you live on a terraced house and FTTP is available 3 doors down then this looks like a database problem. Hopefully a staff member will pick up in due course and, if they agree, submit an ORDI request - this asks OR to check the address.

Brian

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@wildswan  I disagree with your logic, as others have said the definitive data on the availability is the BT Wholesale checker so it is not ridiculous to use it.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@wildswan wrote:

I live in a terraced house.  The address of a neighbour three doors down, says FTTP is available ON THE PLUSNET WEBSITE.

@wildswan 

As others have said, use the BT wholesale checker.  Included in the information given by the checker when a phone number is entered is the cabinet number you are connected to, and although FTTP is not routed through a cabinet, upgrades are rolled out by cabinet area, i.e. where your landline is connected to, so that's something else to consider.

If you know the phone numbers of neighbours either side of you, you can check to see if they're on the same cabinet as you, and if they are and can get FTTP then it's more likely down to a database error.  Just because you're on the same terrace as a house "three doors down" it doesn't necessarily follow that your landline is connected to the same cabinet.  I know of addresses where I live which are unable to get FTTP when close neighbours can get it, in fact I know of one semidetached building where one side can get FTTP but the other is limited to FTTC simply because they're connected to different cabinets.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@wildswan 

Whilst they are not lily white by any means, not all problems that you encounter are the fauit of Plusnet. If you engage with this forum you will receive constructive help amd advice.

With respect to your personal domain name, it is generally a relatively simple procedure to port it out to a third party professional email only service. This will cost you around £25 per annum. If you need more information or help with this then you only have to ask.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@wildswan - Looking at a few of the addresses at your postcode, not all of them are showing full fibre to be available, which suggests that the build is still in progress across the area. If you'd like this double-checking, I'd suggest completing the form here for Openreach's fibre enquiries team to take a closer look. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet