cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeNetName Domain Name Transfer

PaulHendrick

FreeNetName Domain Name Transfer

I set up a domain name in 1999 through freenetname, which has eventually become plusnet.  I'm trying to get access to this domain, or wait for it to expire so I can acquire it, but it keeps getting renewed by plusnet. 

This was set up by me for our family business, which has long since been closed down when my father retired. I'm looking to restart a family business so would like to continue using the same domain name.

How can I reclaim this historic domain name.

6 REPLIES 6
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: FreeNetName Domain Name Transfer

Hi Paul,

Do you know the details of the Freenetname account the domain will be on? Username, password, name, address, contact email address etc.? If so then if you give the call centre team a call on 0800 432 0200, they'll need those details to pass security and they'll also need an IPS Tag for the new provider you want to transfer the domain to, check what it is with who you want to move to first before you call.

It's not a task they'll do often as you can probably imagine, if you tell them they'll need to "raise a NetOps ticket to transfer the domain out" they should know what to do.

If you don't know the details you can move it via Nominet but you'll need the original email address you registered the domain with, details are here: https://www.nominet.uk/transferring-your-domain-name/

Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
PaulHendrick

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info, I'll have to do some digging for the info you've listed... it was a long time ago!  Another option I'd consider is for you guys to continue hosting it, but getting back control of it... I've tried to log in (at least to the webmail) with the username and password I had for it, but no luck.  The email I used when setting it up is long since gone too!

If there's any support you can give me to log in the this account, it would be gratefully recieved!

Thanks,

Paul

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Have you tried the Madasafish Member Centre page: https://secure.madasafish.com/myaccountdx/summary/ there is a forgotten password tool but you'd access to the email address on the account.

If not I'd suggest that calling would be the better option as our agent should be able to find the account from the domain name and try and validate backwards from there, might be easier than going back and forward.

Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
PaulHendrick

Hmmm indeed!

Hmmm… can't reach this page

It looks like the webpage at https://secure.madasafish.com/myaccountdx/summary/ might be having issues or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@PaulHendrick  That page works for me, not that it's of any use. It seems to be a Madasafish account login page.

PaulHendrick

It seems a bit on and off.  It sometimes renders properly, sometimes plain text, sometimes not at all... but it leads to nowhere on password entry, or forgotten password link