cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drupal error - unable to set sql_mode to traditional

Achilles

Drupal error - unable to set sql_mode to traditional

Hi all, I want to setup a Drupal CMS package on my plusnet webspace, but I seem to have ran out of luck.
So far I managed to go through hurdles by doing extensive searches on google and the plusnet forums, but I just can't figure this one out. Here's the log so far:
1) Uploaded files on to server (cgi side)
2) "Internal server error" - Modified permissions on files/folders + removed some unwanted entries from the included .htaccess file
3) Install finally ran, but produced errors on initial checkup - fixed these by creating a php.ini file to set 'register_globals' off
4) Now I'm stuck with this error when Drupal tries to setup the database:
SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1231 Variable 'sql_mode' can't be set to the value of 'TRADITIONAL'.

I tried a few things without success. I don't know what else to do. Help!
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Drupal error - unable to set sql_mode to traditional

Does this version of Drupal require a version of MySQL later than 4.1.11?
David
scubarew
Grafter

If you are trying to install the latest Drupal (7) then it require MySQL 5.0.1. Unfortunately the CGI platform isn't that up-to-date.
Achilles

Thanks guys! I am trying to use Drupal 7.. I guess the only option is to go for Drupal v6?!..
Gabe
Grafter

Unless installing Drupal 7 using sqlite rather than mysql would work. That is, I know it works, but I gather not all additional modules will play with it yet. It might be a way forward, depending on what you plan to tack onto Drupal.
Gabe
Achilles

Cheers Gabe. I'll have a go and report back to the forum, hopefully soon. Roll_eyes
Achilles

Quote from: Gabe
Unless installing Drupal 7 using sqlite rather than mysql would work. That is, I know it works, but I gather not all additional modules will play with it yet. It might be a way forward, depending on what you plan to tack onto Drupal.
Gabe

All done! Hopefully, my website is basic enough to make do with sqlite. Thanks!