Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Name renewal - Freenetname

FIXED
Busychip
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Domain Name renewal - Freenetname

Normal Plusnet customer service is generally excellent, but there is one slight fly in the ointment, and that is the issue of Domain Name renewal.

As a user who came to Plusnet via the Freenetname->Brightview->Madasafish->Plusnet route and, I still have a "Free-For-Life" domain name that I original acquired when I joined Freenetname over 20 years ago. The constant provision of this is a key reason why I have stayed put, as I totally rely on this domain name for email purposes.

Prior to my billing being transferred to Plusnet itself, my domain name was always renewed automatically. However, since being "adopted" by Plusnet, I have had to chase this up via Customer Services every time, and the experience has proved painful. I think the problem may be that only relatively small numbers of customers still have this Free-For-Life domain name facility, so many Customer Services staff are possibly unaware of its existence.

I cannot do the renewal myself, as there is no facility on the Plusnet website. This is probably because Nominet list the Registrar as "Plusnet Plc t/a Madasafish Broadband [Tag = MADASAFISH]".

Last time around, I received help from one of the Superusers of this forum, who arranged the renewal for me.

My Domain Name is once again due for renewal in just under a fortnight’s time and I would very much appreciate some assistance in resolving this same problem.

Anyone out there who can assist me, please?

4 REPLIES 4
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Re: Domain Name renewal - Freenetname

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch over Forums, I've raised a Network Task to renew your domain which will be done within 3 working days. I'll only be back in touch if there is any issues that may change the time scales. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Busychip
Dabbler

Thank you very much for your kind (and rapid) response. I'll keep an eye out for the renewal happening as advised and will post an acknowledgment here once it's happened.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Not an issue at all Smiley 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Busychip
Dabbler

Nominet is now showing my domain name as having been renewed. Very many thanks for your prompt and effective help, Curtis.