cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined cash back?

marriott7170

Declined cash back?

Dear Plusnet,
I am a new Broadband Customer, having recently signed up for an 18-month fibre broadband package with yourselves.
So far, all is good with the service (I am also a happy Plusnet Mobile Customer).
HOWEVER... at the time, I signed up through 'TopCashBack', and was offered £50 cashback as part of the deal.

When I visit my TopCashBack page to check the status, it shows 'Cashback Declined'!

Please could you tell me what has happened here, and how to claim my £50 cashback?

Thank you,
Stephen
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Declined cash back?

Hello Stephen,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Given that your deal is with TopCashBack - you need to deal with them and have them sort out the reason for the declined transaction ... for similarly they will not be receiving their referral bonus (which is likely to be more than £50) from Plusnet.

Did you visit several such sites (including Plusnet's) before signing up via TopCashBack?  Did you clear out any cookies which might have been left behind by such visits?

It really in incumbent upon TopCashBack to ensure that when you sign up via them, they track the transaction properly.  How long ago did your account go live?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

marriott7170

Re: Declined cash back?

Hi I have been dealing with Top Cash back for many years and when signing up for new broadband/ insurance I always go through top cash back the then tracks my visit and sends me to the offer I have chosen on this accession Plusnet broadband £23 per month and £50.00 cash back and the cash back has been declined by Plusnet with no reason. I have tried TopCashback who said contact Plusnet. So if a member of staff at TopCashback can rectify my claim this would be ever so helpful. Thanks Stephen