Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcasting on Camstreams

FIXED
jjlothin
Grafter

Broadcasting on Camstreams

I've been broadcasting through Camstreams (http://www.camstreams.com) quite happily for quite some time but in the past week my stream will no longer show online. I've obviously approached Camstreams help service but I'm not sure if it's running anymore ...

I've successfully passed the Camstreams Encoder Test and checked that the IP is correct.

I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled both the Camstreams encoder and Silverlight, plus I’ve also tried using the encoder with different compression settings – to no avail.

I’ve also checked that my router has the right ‘Ipv4’ address for Camstreams, as I’d discovered in the past that that was usually the culprit when the streaming didn’t work.

(This may all sound as though I know what I'm talking about but doing these things is just about my limit!)

So I was just wondering whether PlusNet might have made some change in the past week or so which is interfering with the broadcasting?

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very grateful to hear them!

3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Broadcasting on Camstreams

Fix

Has there been any change this morning? We identified and resolved a couple of network-wide issues that I suspect may have been related to your recent problems.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jjlothin
Grafter

Really pleased I posted on here or else I might have given up the struggle - because, yes, my webcam is back online! Many thanks for that, Bob.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Excellent! Thanks for the clarification Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵