cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport App longer supported on Windows.

Natchez
Dabbler

BT Sport App longer supported on Windows.

I like a lot of others have been unable to access the BT Sport App, I have just found out that the app is no longer supported on Windows from August 2022.

I suggest that Plusnet swiftly amend their records as it would seem they are still sending out registration emails that include a link to the BT Sport App.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: BT Sport App longer supported on Windows.

Hi there Natchez, we've not been made aware of this change and I can't imagine why it would make sense for BT Sport to stop working for so many out there using Windows, can you let me know how you found that out please? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

The massage about Windows no longer supporting BT Sport has been appearing on windows since early July. It is still possible to stream by going direct to BT Sport home page.

Natchez
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

The BT Sport App has never worked since I got it in early September, due to the international break I hadn't tried it until the other day to find it was still not working. I therefore Googled  it and came up with this:

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/bt-sports-app-on-windows/td-p/2240281

It now appears they are trying to get this working and are running a test app.

I must say I am quite surprised that Plusnet being a supplier were not aware of this. 

Hope this helps.

Tags (2)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@agedgopher wrote:

The massage about Windows no longer supporting BT Sport has been appearing on windows since early July. It is still possible to stream by going direct to BT Sport home page.

That’s my understanding also. It’s just the Windows app which is no longer supported, that you can still stream BT Sport on Windows via the web player. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Natchez
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

I have replied to your colleague @adamwalker who asked me how I found out, perhaps you could also let him know..

By the way my FTTP is now working fine.😀😀

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Natchez,

I'm sure Adam has seen this. He was still right though. 

Glad that your FTTP's running well! Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet