Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Phone To Plusnet Phone

Power14
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

BT Phone To Plusnet Phone

HI, I currently have my broadband with Plusnet, but I am looking to move my phone line from BT to Plusnet, as BT have stopped giving me Line Rental Saver, without broadband.

I have a few questions.

1 Will I lose my my phone number?

2 Will my phone line, and broadband be interupted?

3 How long does it take for the change over?

4 Will plusnet inform BT, or do I have to inform BT?

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: BT Phone To Plusnet Phone

@Power14 

1. There is no reason why you should - it is merely a change of who you pay for the service.

2. No.

3. I can't give you a definate answer to that, but you will have to take out a new 'BB+phone contract with Plusnet.

4. I would guess Plusnet will deal with it, but could be wrong - so ask.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Power14  to add to @jab1 s answers

3) There is a mandatory minimum 14 days period for the transfer. This is to prevent 'slamming' and allow the losing provider to contact you and for you to stop the transfer if it was not authorised. The actual changeover should not be noticeable, there's no physical work to transfer the line, just some BT systems configuration.

4) The gaining supplier, PlusNet, will handle the transfer. As mentioned above you will get a 'sorrry you are leaving'  letter from BT

As John said, you will need to take out a new contract with PN. Give Customer options 0800 013 2632 a call ( select the thinking of leaving , I know it sounds daft!) and see what deal they will do for recontracting when moving your phone across.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Power14
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

jab1 and MisterW, thanks for you information, its much appreciated.