cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Master Socket 5C dual sockets

scousepcgamer
Hooked

BT Master Socket 5C dual sockets

Why the hell cant BT just fit master sockets 5c that have two sockets, if ever get a technical issue whats plusnet first thing going to ask for, if have these master socket with single socket, can change the filter, no who the bloody hell keeps spare filters, BT OpenReach should be told only fit master sockets 5c that have the two sockets one for phone and one for DSL broadband .
Engineer was like these are only for the g.fast lines, i dont care i want a dual socket one, doesn’t have one with him load of rubbish.
I have always found that going via master socket 5c with dual sockets dont lose a few mb on speed were going through a filter do lose a few mb
Does anyone have a way of forcing BT Openreach to fit a Master Socket 5c dual socket?
7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: BT Master Socket 5C dual sockets

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@scousepcgamer 

There's nothing in the rules to stop you changing the faceplate to a filtered one. They are available from the likes of Amazon. Be aware that there are two types. Older ones are retained by two screws, newer one clip on. They are not interchangeable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Openreach-Telephone-Master-Socket-Faceplate/dp/B07NX2KC8Y/ref=sr_1_6?dchild...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LJ5208V-Faceplate-Broadband-Streaming-Compatibility/dp/B01DKWPRKC/ref=sr_1_...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

scousepcgamer
Hooked

I dont know why the customer would have to fit this, BT should be fitting these not the customer the new socket the cable is wired into plate and then front fascia single socket just clips off
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@scousepcgamer 

I can't disagree with you, I guess that it's a case of what the technician has in the van and whether you ask for one. To be fair, when you get a hub it includes a filter so it is a matter of choice.

I agree that for the best performance a filtered faceplate should always be fitted if you have extension sockets. If there's no extension wiring it shouldn't make any significant difference, it just looks neater.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

scousepcgamer
Hooked

Hi
I did ask for one of dual sockets, but when look at the master socket 5c, the Amazon link, i can literally just swap the front fascia plate so the ports are split, instead of going via a filter, the engineer was like these split ports are only for g.fast, were if just said look on the internet for master socket 5c on the internet can buy a front fascia, up to you.
I have just bought one on Amazon master socket 5c mk4 and just going to swap the front fascia plate to get rid of the filter
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@scousepcgamer  You had better keep your filter because if/when you have a fault Plusnet will say "remove the faceplate and connect to the test socket using a plug in filter"

So useful to have one ready.🙂

scousepcgamer
Hooked

Thanks for the tip, im going to be replacing the front fascia to dual socket and keeping the old one and filter