cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All4 not working on Samsung smart TV - specific to PlusNet

kazade
Dabbler

Re: All4 not working on Samsung smart TV - specific to PlusNet

Just wanted to add my +1 to this! All4 was working up until maybe 2-3 months ago?

Certainly seems to be the combination of the Samsung TV and Plusnet as it works fine on mobile.

FWIW I enabled the static IP add-on and it didn't fix it (although I haven't restarted my router since, maybe it didn't take effect yet)
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@kazade wrote:

FWIW I enabled the static IP add-on and it didn't fix it (although I haven't restarted my router since, maybe it didn't take effect yet)

That is why it hasn't 'fixed it' - you have to restart the modem/router to pick up the new address.

John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

To add my 2p to the debate, I'm on a static IP in the 80.229.0.0/16 range and I can use the All4 app on a Samsung UE39-F5300 without any issue.

I believe we're catching up with C4 this week to attempt some troubleshooting.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

paulandclaire
Dabbler

Great, thanks @bobpullen  Look forward to hearing the outcome.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@paulandclaire - just to confirm...

You had an IP in the 146.199.x.x range when you first posted on this thread.

On the morning of 24/03, this changed to a 147.147.x.x address.

Are you definitely still experiencing the same problem?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

aclubb

Having same issue on Samsung Frame - All4 doesn’t work on 46.199.x.x PlusNet connection (assume IP address changed after a power cut a couple of days ago) and giving ALL4-011 error, but working fine when connected via O2 mobile connection. Look forward to hearing when resolved.
paulandclaire
Dabbler

Hi @bobpullen , thanks for the prompt. We had smart metres installed on the 24th and it hadn't occurred to me that the resultant power cut would have resulted in a new IP address; and the great thing is that All4 is now working on my TV! I guess that isn't a fix, but more the move to a different IP address? But thanks for making me retest!
Fingers crossed now to avoid another power cut or router reboot!

Judith3

I am really interested in this thread. I have not been able to use All4 on my Samsung TV for a couple of months now. I have been through the Samsung helpdesk and done a the updates and checks with them. All4 have said it is a problem with Plusnet. I am afraid I am not particularly good with tech, so I don't understand the static IP talk that I have read here - if anyone can explain in simple steps what I need to do, I'd be happy to try that. While waiting to hear any updates that come from Channel 4 or Plusnet.
Thanks so much in advance.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

To get a static IP log in to the member centre at https://portal.plus.net
Click 'Add-ons' on the top menu bar
There should be an option for static ip under there
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
paulandclaire
Dabbler

Hi @Judith3 

I'm not particularly an expert either, but for me the simple turning off, waiting a few mins, and turning on again of my router allocated me a new IP address which was one within the range that actually works with All4. I fear our friends at PlusNet wouldn't necessarily recommend that, and there's no guarantee it'll work for you as you may get another duff IP address, but it did for me!

Probably a simpler option than the static IP route, and certainly cheaper.

Good luck!

dwakeling

I have the same problem. I either get a blank screen after the adverts or an error code ALL4-011. I have tried restarting the modem several time and been allocated differeent IP addresses, all starting 148.64. But the problem persists. Do I just need to keep retrying until I am assigned an IP address in the range that works? Does anyone know what this range is? Or is there any other solution I can try?

paulandclaire
Dabbler

Hi @dwakeling

This thread seems to have gone quiet from a "solutions" perspective. Shame as it clearly is still a problem for a number of people and @bobpullen gave the distinct impression earlier on that it was being actively worked on. Either they've drawn a blank, it is taking longer than hoped or (hopefully not) don't think it's worth their time anymore.

All I can tell you is that I effectively reset my router to get a new IP address which is now in the range 147.147, and the problem has gone for me.

Good luck with those reboots!!

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

AFAIR I've never experienced the problem with All4, but I've had the same PN static IP address since 2002!

sharkbait72

This is the same for me, I'll contact Plusnet support tomorrow, but I found my Samsung TV wasn't working with All4 and then discovered the same for my Windows 10 Laptop. When I connect on both through my iPhone's Hotspot it works fine so would definitely seem to be a PlusNet problem and I never had this problem when I was with Virgin earlier this year.

sharkbait72

I called PlusNet this morning and explained the problem, the chap I spoke to hadn't heard of this problem but has changed my IP to a static IP and credited the charge, this has now fixed the problem. 👍