Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add DNS Records for 365

FIXED
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Add DNS Records for 365

Be gentle with me here, I haven't been keeping up with tech for some time 😀 I have a co.uk domain registered with Plusnet which I used when I was self employed which has now evolved in to a business along with the email addresses that go with it. I've just signed up for 365 and now I need to verify the domain using adding DNS records to confirm the domain is mine.

Can anyone please advise what I need to put in the boxes using either TXT or MX records please or link to a guide?

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Add DNS Records for 365

Hi @AWB70 

Well that is a tad fortunate!

On reading the title, my first reaction as sorry, this is a no-go matter because you cannot add TXT records to Plusnet's DNS service ... however an MX record is a different matter - log into the member centre and go here - https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=domainv2

Then click CONFIGURE DNS RECORDS

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Hi @Townman sorry mate for not replying, I usually get emails when someone replies as I don't lurk much in here these days. Yes I've tried the settings you linked and been on to the very helpful ppl at microsoft, I'm a bit stuck between the devil and the deep with this one.

According to PN support I have to transfer out my domain so I can achieve this which sort of puts me full circle because surely I would have to change the DNS records to do that also? I have managed to put the MX record in and submitted it but when I try to provision it with MS it comes back as record not found! Although it does say it can take take 10mins or sometimes 48Hrs.

That's why I've tried to do this over the long weekend to avoid disruption to work emails in the morning but to be honest I'm getting nowhere here. Seems strange PN have the setting to do it but say it can't be done!

This was the only thing I could find regarding support https://www.plus.net/help/archive/broadband/managing-dns-records/

AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Also found this and followed the instructions https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/MS-Office-365-Verify-Domain-for-Email-Setup/td-p/13059... , I guess I'll just have to leave it over night and see what happens in the morning! Losing work emails is a worry. Bob seemed to have tried something else in there though but the link to what he did is broken 😵

AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Fix

Just to add to this post to save future searchers as well people who will inevitably come across the post I linked earlier, this not possible with plusnet hosting your Domain. You may be able to verify that you own the domain using MX instead of TXT file but the next step in the process means adding a Cname. TXT and MX file, without doing that you can't move forward. Exporting the Domain to another host is the only option if you want to use 365.