cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 sites

Liz

2 sites

Hi
We have had one site on the root directory (/htdocs) and one as a subfolder (/htdocs/falstone), which has worked for years.
Have just tried to update the sites with dreamweaver. 
First it put the falstone site onto the route directory, the 2nd time of trying it was OK. but  I have now lost the connection to the subfolder site and am unable to see it on explorer or Mozilla
On a previous post the advise was to point the two sites at different sub folders. 
Tried that but was then unable to connect to either site.
What am I doing wrong
Liz
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: 2 sites

Directory names are case sensitive (as are all file names including images and things like index.htm etc). Just check that you have been consistent with your naming... I suggest you only use lower-case letters at all times.
When setting up a site in dreamweaver you need to ensure you set the root of the site correctly. This is on the remote settings page where for your sub-folder site you need to set the host directory to htdocs/falstone/. You can check this correct by connecting to the site and viewing the files, it should show you only the files in the falstone directory
Liz

Thanks Peter
This is how I have it set up, but access is now denied so I cant see if my filles are still there.
It did work untill I put up the site which is on the root directory as well as the falstone site
Wendy
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Use a dedicated FTP program such as Filezilla to inspect the directory structure, Dreamweaver's probably messed with something.