cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email settings changed on Android ohone

petesmagic

email settings changed on Android ohone

Recently updated my Moto G Android phone and my usual email settings have changed. My mails are no longer deleted from the server but keep returning again and again . . . . I am advised by many that I should seek help from Plus Net so thought I would try you first.  Cheers.  Pete
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: email settings changed on Android ohone

Hi Pete,
Welcome to the forums.
If everything was working fine before you upgrade the phone and it does not work afterwards, I rather suggest that you need help from your phone / software provider.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

decomplexity
Rising Star

Re: email settings changed on Android ohone

Could OP please let us know whether he/she is using POP or IMAP?
If POP, the obvious thing to check is whether the 'delete received emails from server' is ticked.
If so, check that he/she has no other clients (e.g. on a PC)  set up with IMAP. If one client has POP and deletes emails (when  'delete received emails from server' is indeed ticked), it is possible that another client with IMAP will put them back again from its local cache. (I always thought that this was not possible until I saw it recently in action on a btinternet mail host!)
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017