Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 and emails

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Windows 7 and emails

Quote from: poppy
I use the older version of Live Mail and haven't had a Hotmail account for a very long time.
The new one (2011) is not so good IMO because it uses the ribbon i Windows Live Mail can be used independent of a Hotmail account.

Does Windows Livemail have attachment facility?  Is it similar to OE to use, so I can attach one or two photos etc.?  Will appreciate your feedback since you have been using it for some time.  Smiley
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  quote fixed ]
Not applicable

Yes, the older version has the right-click and send to.....mail recipient option so is exactly the same as OE in this function.
2011 does not have this so you just have to attach when you have opened the new message (it still reduces the size as required). 
Photograph attachments are really good as with both versions you can do a bit of tweaking/editing such as apply a frame, crop, apply blurred edges, make corners rounded.
All you have to do is open the email and click Add Photos and all the options come up.
Wordsmith
Grafter

Got to read everything again but I have managed to get emails to work on the laptop! 
Currently trying out Pegasus and just received an acknowledgement from Amazon so it's worked.
Not so keen on layout which seems overcomplicated but that may be to do with use so will let you know.
I'm really grateful for everyone's help.
btw Tried again with Thunderbird but with no luck.  Pegasus simply asked me for details and there it was!
Not applicable

Thank you for getting back.  I have never seen or used Pegasus so when you have had time to evaluate it I would be interested to know the ins and outs of it, and your opinion of course.
chandu
Rising Star

Thanks Oldjim,
Used the quote for the first time.  I am still getting used to PN's ways.!!!!!! Wink
chandu
Rising Star

Quote from: poppy
Thank you for getting back.  I have never seen or used Pegasus so when you have had time to evaluate it I would be interested to know the ins and outs of it, and your opinion of course.

Me too.
Wordsmith
Grafter

Seems to work ok but I'd forgotten about the problems when using two separate email accounts on two machines and the inability to link the two so continuing to use OE on the desktop at the moment so that info is in one place.
Does anyone know if I can link the two if I install Pegasus on the desktop too?
decomplexity
Rising Star

I'd forgotten about the problems when using two separate email accounts on two machines and the inability to link the two
I'm no fan of Windows Live Mail (WLM), but it is worth noting that if you want to share email boxes and contact lists on two or more PCs, the combination of WLM, IMAP (rather than POP3), Hotmail (to share mail) and Live Contacts (to share...contacts!) works quite well. Each client PC is simply set to synchronise with Hotmail and with Live Contacts  -  you never log on to either of the latter once their accounts are created. 
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017