cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail's gone AWOL

kmilburn
Grafter

Webmail's gone AWOL

I've tried numerous attempts to connect to webmail today without success.

Chrome is reporting:

This site can’t be reached
webmail.plus.net unexpectedly closed the connection

any idea when we can expect it back (or SSL support so I am willing to use IMAP/SMTP away from home)

7 REPLIES 7
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Webmail's gone AWOL

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to access webmail at the moment. I've tried accessing webmail.plus.net from this side and it's let me on, so this doesn't appear to be a widespread issue. If you've not done so already, please can you try accessing the webmail site from a different device or browser.

If you'd like to add your account to a mail client, please see the page here for the settings that you'll need.

Regards,
Emily

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
kmilburn
Grafter

Thanks Emily,

Turns out it's an issue that seems to be peculiar to my chrome instance (which restarting didn't help),  I can access with other browsers, and another person can access using the same version of chrome as me.

I know how to setup my email client,  but in the absence of SSL or TLS I refuse to do so as I don't want my credentials and emails between myself and Plusnet servers being sent over the internet in plain text.   We're now at 11 years (and counting) since the feature was requested, so I'm not expecting it anytime soon...

computeguy
Hooked

Hi While I can login I am getting the Plsunet logo and page saying uh oh we cant show this page right now and it's happening a lot again please check service status I mean whats the point in checking that page  it's not been updated for over 130 days yes we know it's a free add on service but even so it has to work correctly half the time it doesn't and it seems only patches are made to  the code running webmail so it works well for a short time, then goes belly up again, come on PlusNet do us proud thanks 

body-double

try altering your DNS server to open DNS

kmilburn
Grafter

It's definitely an odd network related issue..

I've got access to two different routers,  one on bt works fine,  the otherload balancing between bt and EE is causing problems;  Given previous experience, I suspect EE is the root problem!

body-double

deep virus and malwares clean.

have you tried resetting your broswer settings to default?

computeguy
Hooked

Hi I have done a complete virus scan and deep clean, using a third party source and not Windows defender that's disabled what do you mean by default settings Iam using the edge browser built in to the device its possible that it could be a browser issue but still say the webmail platform isn't working correctly imho thx for your reply.