cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail Login

Scask

Webmail Login

I today a neighbor asked me to help logging in to their new Plusnet Webmail Account
No matter what section of user/account/passwords we used we could not login?
Now I have come home I also cannot find the correct combination please can somebody help?
I s it the same as I use to login to the member/account site?
Angry
9 REPLIES 9
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Webmail Login

Welcome to the forum.
Yes the username and password you need (for access to the default mailbox) on webmail are the account username and password as used to login to the Member Centre. I've just checked and webmail is working OK for me.
Edit: just had a thought; have you and your neighbour created a mailbox on your respective accounts? This is done by logging into the Member Centre and visiting http://email.plus.net.
David
corndu
Dabbler

I'm having a similar problem and the link in the prevoius post just displays a blank page - Any ideas?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That link works fine for me and takes me to the manage my mail tool on the website. Is it asking you to login?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
corndu
Dabbler

Just getting a completely blank page from that link , but going through Manage my Email  then Add a new Mailbox (my first) eventually worked  (It wouldn't earlier)
The link works now I have set up an EMail address.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Quote from: corndu
The link works now I have set up an EMail address.

Thanks for mentioning this, a problem I wasn't aware of with that short-cut link to Manage My Mail.
David
Lucylastik
Hooked

I also got a blank page and can't login to my webmail either.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that. Are you unable to login across multiple web browsers or devices?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
spraxyt
Resting Legend

@Lucylastik Have you set up a default mailbox in Manage My Mail?

If you haven't you need to log into the Member Centre at https://www.plus.net/index_nlp.html, then click Email Settings under Manage Account in the left-hand menus.

This should give a page showing the Manage My Mail icon. Clicking the icon should direct you to set up your first mailbox. Once set-up, to access that default mailbox you enter your account name and password in Webmail (or in an email program on your computer).

David
Lucylastik
Hooked

@spraxyt wrote:

@Lucylastik Have you set up a default mailbox in Manage My Mail?

Hi

Yes I have now, no thanks to the 'information' sent to me from PlusNet as a new user, and by that I mean I had none.

I got a tutorial from YouTube, and I have to say, having many email addresses from aol to hotmail, that this is BY FAR AND ABOVE, the most complicated and ridiculous system I have ever come across.
Just the most user UNfriendly way to set up and email account I have ever seen. 

I made one, for the hell of it, but I won't be using it.

Ever.