Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive email

JRT
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Unable to receive email

Since Saturday last week, I've been having difficulty retrieving emails from the PlusNet servers.  It's fine during the day, up until early evening then email retrieval stalls after a period of time.  The error message "Unable to retrieve mail from server. Plusnet Mail server is not responding - timeout".  My email settings have not changed (I've checked ! ) and behave just fine during the day, so I believe the server end has a problem.  I'm using an iPad to receive mail, running iOS 9.3.5.  I'm aware of the current service status posting and wonder if this is a capacity-related issue?  Curiously, webmail on the same iPad behaves properly.  Anyone else having an issue like this?

4 REPLIES 4
JRT
Rising Star

Re: Unable to receive email

Update to previous post - from about 16:00 this afternoon, server is reporting error 2.0  500 , but it's rather intermittent.  Any of the learned folks on the PN Staff have any thoughts?

JRT
Rising Star

Ok, so no words of wisdom?  Still have the problem and no sign of any resolution.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi JRT,

Do you perceive any other internet related performance issues at that time?

Is the "problem" time fairly constant?

Does the use of the internet in your home change at that time?  For example children arrive home from school and start "hitting" their computers / streaming TV?

Is this a time when you have just switched your computer on?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JRT
Rising Star

No, no other internet issues at this time - I've just had the problem in collecting this email but browser behaves ok.  Things seem fine during the day and it goes off from early evening.  There is only me using email, no-one else has access as far as I'm aware.  It isn't wifi related, tried with tethered laptop with no change.  Server usually reports timeout after some minutes.