cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catchall address set to a redirect address

Eserim
Rising Star

Catchall address set to a redirect address

OK - the last I can see this was raise was over a decade ago https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Support-Archive-Forum/Redirecting-all-emails/td-p/268914

As Plus New seem so unwilling to set up SSL on my IMAP accounts, I thought I could just set my Catchall address to one that gets redirects to gmail (as using gmail is Plus Net's answer to the SSL issue)

However, I can't do this, also , the fix in that old post is no longer an option.

Any ideas people?

Cheers

Eserim

4 REPLIES 4
Eserim
Rising Star

Re: Catchall address set to a redirect address

Shows how poor my memory is, as I thought I'd do this again, finding I couldn't I searched the forum for a solution, only to find my own post asking the same question.

I'm guessing no-one has an answer?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I can't think of any way to do it for username.plus.com mailboxes. The obvious solution is to have your own domain and host the mail elsewhere.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Eserim
Rising Star

Yep - that's what I think I'm going to have to do - this was a first step to see if I could move to the catchall going to google and the "[-Censored-]" staying with my PN hosted domain - I use website@mydomain for all those site registrations to keep the junk down, but wanted to try it all going to gmail and using gmail filters to redirect [-Censored-] - before I jumped to host my domains elsewhere.

Cheers

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Is leaving it all where it is and having Gmail "read" the PN mailbox (IMAP connection) a viable solution for you?  See here - https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/r3YuuyqWoGo;context-place=topicsearchin/gmail/g...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.