Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tidying up My Inbox in Thunderbird.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Tidying up My Inbox in Thunderbird.

I have my Outlook configured to leave a copy of messages on the server and remove from server after 100 days.

Is this possible in Thunderbird.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Tidying up My Inbox in Thunderbird.

@Strat I have my TB settings to not leave on server at all (POP3), but it is possible to set the length of time they are left on there in the 'Server Settings'

John
Strat
Community Veteran

Excellent, thanks very much @jab1.

I don't have Thunderbird but my daughter does and this may well sort out a problem.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jab1
Legend

@Strat How many addresses does she have/does she use anything like MailWasher?

John
Strat
Community Veteran

She doesn't use anything like Mailwasher but she gets very little spam.

Her biggest problem is the amount of emails she gets as a result of her subscribing to sites...if you ask me Lips_are_sealed.

jab1
Legend

And I bet she doesn't delete them and empty deleted items very often either - you ought to see the crud I cleared off my sisters GMail over the weekend.😀

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Her biggest problem is the amount of emails she gets as a result of her subscribing to sites...if you ask me 

@Strat if she uses Plusnet email then I hope youve taught her how to use a different alias for each site! then when one site gets compromised, you just ditch the alias...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran

@MisterW she has her own domain and won't give it up for anything even after getting married Wink

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

But if it’s Plusnet hosted, she can still have aliases, with CATCHALL set on.

Anyoldaddress@mydomainhostedbyplusnet.co.uk is the same as anyoldaddress@myacvount.plus.com

If there is no explicit address (mailbox or alias) for anyoldaddress@ and catchall is on, the mail goes to the default mailbox.

If anyoldaddress@ gets abused, it can be rerouted to the cyber blackhole!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.