Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird not saving emails into sent folder

FIXED
Pi
Hooked

Thunderbird not saving emails into sent folder

Hello,

Just moved from SKY where there were never problems with TB.

I spent 45 mins waiting to speak to  Plusnet support BUT no help as they suggest TB does not work.. hm!!!

Not the case as SKY and BT worked fine..

1. There is no connection security, authorization is INSECURE.. why ?

2. UNABLE TO SAVE SENT EMAILS .

I can send and receive emails using PLUSNET web mail and also TB, but there is no copy made to my SENT folder, which make TB pretty useless.

This is not an issue with BT or with Sky, so can someone PLEASE show me the correct settings (Build etc)  to make TB work with PLUSNET?

I have all the recommend settings as per the person at PLUSNET and also checking the web for help and all settings for the SMTP server are correct. TB is  Version     60.2.1  and  Build ID     20180930223627.

Thanks

Pi

10 REPLIES 10
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Thunderbird not saving emails into sent folder

You might find these threads useful

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Sent-email-not-showing-in-Sent-folder/td-p/1564745

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Thunderbird-and-Evolution-on-Linux-Mint-18-3-nothing-into-Sent/m...

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Issue-with-Thunderbird-and-the-sent-and-draft-folders-only/m-p/1...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Fix

@Pi Welcome to the Plusnet Community forums. Smiley

I'm afraid the information support provided about Thunderbird is not correct. It works fine with Plusnet email.

Thunderbird used to put sent messages in the IMAP Sent folder by default but sometimes needs a setting changing to do that now.

Open the Settings dialogue and select the Copies & Folders page. Make sure the Place a copy in option at the top is ticked, and the radio button selected against "Sent" Folder on. The selection against that should show the account name.

Verify the same for "Drafts" further down the screen. Click OK and all should then be well.

David
Pi
Hooked

Thank you.

In fact TB now works BETTER.. i can alter the copy message to wherever i wish, i.e, the same folder I am working from..using the Copy & Folders page.. THANK YOU.

Best wishes,

Pi

Pi
Hooked

Thank you  MisterW for your rapid and very useful reply .

TB now works BETTER..than before !!!!!

I can NOW alter the copy message to wherever i wish, i.e, the same folder I am working from..using the Copy & Folders page.. THANK YOU.

Best wishes,

Pi

JamesE
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Curious! I've just been through this problem. By default it had the top button ticked and the sent mail never got put in the folder - it went on and on for ever. The top button says '"sent" folder on' and in the box 'my_email_address'. I ticked the bottom button which says 'other' and selected in the box 'sent on my_email_address' and it worked perfectly.

Pi
Hooked

Hi Jame,

Yes, you are right. That is what i have done to fix this.

But, unfortunate,  I still have some other problems.. lost trash folder, cant delete folders made to test the mailer of one email a/c and then just lost all folders in another new plusnet a/c e-mail. Thanks for replying.

Pi

JamesE
Rising Star

@Pi wrote:

Hi Jame,

Yes, you are right. That is what i have done to fix this.

But, unfortunate,  I still have some other problems.. lost trash folder, cant delete folders made to test the mailer of one email a/c and then just lost all folders in another new plusnet a/c e-mail. Thanks for replying.

Pi

I don't know what to say about that - there are more knowledgable folk on here who could help. I presume by "trash" you mean the "deleted items" folder (PN) or "deleted" (TB).

Hope someone helps - good luck. You could have a shufti at the TB help pages - they put me onto the "sent" solution.

Pi
Hooked

James,

Thank you. Today i am learning (?) a lot about TB and emails !!!

I went to the TB help pages and have manged (somehow) to recover the lost folders... best wishes,

Pi

JamesE
Rising Star

@Pi wrote:

James,

Thank you. Today i am learning (?) a lot about TB and emails !!!

I went to the TB help pages and have manged (somehow) to recover the lost folders... best wishes,

Pi

You and I both! Until I had the disaster of PN deleting my folders (but it might not have been them as a deliberate act) I'd just never bothered with an email client. I've used Hotmail and BT internet for umpteen years and never had a glitch. I have now awoken to the fact that by using one I can preserve my mails. (provided that I copy the folder to another place regularly).

Pi
Hooked

Hi James,

Yes I am back-up my folders to the Local Folders.. thousand of emails !!!

I manged the delete the folder that would not delete, by copying to the local folders, then went back to my PN a/c and found that delete would then delete the said folder.

Cheers,

Pi