Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Webmail (Round Cube) slow performance mitigation

FIXED
bazzer
Pro

Re: Standard Webmail (Round Cube) slow performance mitigation

Only just aware of a problem? Or an extension of the problem that's been ongoing for years?

It's a farce.

And how you can display the PN logo "We'll do you proud" I'll never know.

And before anyone says "It's free" no it's not.

When I signed up, this was part of the service.

tonyodonnell
Dabbler

This continues to be a weekly headache for me which never used to be a problem. The Plusnet servers continue to crash and run extremely slowly with Webmail 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Noiseboy wrote:

I hope that this can get resolved, it is very frustrating, I tried Squirrel mail today, still have connection issues, took 3 attempts to be able to delete some emails from my inbox, this is almost a daily occurrence.

Why persist with using a browser based email client, rather than a proper device based email application?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@bazzer wrote:

PN either offer Webmail or they do not. If you offer the service, then a customer should have a reasonable expectation that it will work without the regular errors that I and others often encounter.

Alternatively, withdraw it completely and accept the risk that customers will take their business elsewhere.

Plusnet offer an email service, with a web interface if you so chose to use it instead of a client side email programme.  No one forces users to use the web interface to an otherwise functional rich and reliable email service.  Many users access lots of mailboxes concurrently on different devices (PC, tablets and smart phones) without issue.

Why do people who find the web interface with large mailboxes a challenge not use an alternative, many would say better, means of accessing the emails?  The majority of users access their Plusnet email via an interface other than webmail with minimal difficulty.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tonyodonnell
Dabbler

Townman posts the similar reply regularly - we want to use the service that Plusnet supply. I am sure that many like me DO use other means to access plusnet email but the point is that PLUSNET should fix their webmail offering 

bazzer
Pro

@Townman wrote:

@bazzer wrote:

PN either offer Webmail or they do not. If you offer the service, then a customer should have a reasonable expectation that it will work without the regular errors that I and others often encounter.

Alternatively, withdraw it completely and accept the risk that customers will take their business elsewhere.

Plusnet offer an email service, with a web interface if you so chose to use it instead of a client side email programme.  No one forces users to use the web interface to an otherwise functional rich and reliable email service.  Many users access lots of mailboxes concurrently on different devices (PC, tablets and smart phones) without issue.

Why do people who find the web interface with large mailboxes a challenge not use an alternative, many would say better, means of accessing the emails?  The majority of users access their Plusnet email via an interface other than webmail with minimal difficulty.

In my case, I use the web interface to filter and delete all the rubbish and spam before I download to my PC.

I also use the web interface when at work, or travelling. Yes, I could use the mail apps on my phone, but using a browser interface is more discreet and kinder to the neck and eyes.

You ask why people find it such it such a challenge to use an alternative.

Let me ask why PN cannot provide a reliable service to view emails, when they form the smallest amount of data compared to streaming video and games etc?

This has been ongoing for years and they clearly have no intention to put effort in to resolve it.

bazzer
Pro

All day long!! 

Absolute rubbish. I wish I could charge for the lost time.

00C561AE-C528-4341-ABD2-F99559276F85_4_5005_c.jpeg

HomebyHelen

Lifesaver!

Plusnet suscription saver too

Thank you

tonyodonnell
Dabbler

Yep  ... it's still happening on every session when I try  ! 

Noiseboy
Dabbler

Does anyone else have the recurring issue that on my mobile, (iPhone). Not all the mailboxes appear, and as has just happened, if I try to send an email at the moment Cannot Send Mail, the username or password for **** @*** is incorrect, which it isn't.

It sometimes takes a couple of days to sort out, just when you need to send an email.

Very frustrated

If this needs posting to another string, please let me know.

paul_blitz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

So, trying to help sort out why my brother's account shows too much email. It got archived, it's been unarchived, and is currently showing just 179 emails in the inbox (just over a week's worth).

I'm trying to do simple things like:

- see a page of emails

- see the size of the inbox. 

It's not so much a matter of "its slow" more that "it just doesn't work most the time. I tried switching to the basic webmail, it too is just as slow, and doesn't give me the simple tools I need to manage his email.#

(as an example: I went to the inbox, where I KNOW there are 179 emails, so I go into the settings / information, then ask for the folder size.... after a couple of minutes of waiting, it comes back as "0b"... really?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Have you read posts #1 and #6?

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

The webmail service is rubbish and there has been no change for over a year.

We get internal errors 

IMAP signal failures

The folder list fails to get loaded (sometimes nothing , other times a partial number)

The folders suddenly are not listed and you have to go into 'manage folders'  and tick the boxes to reinstate them

Copies of emails I've sent are missing from the sent folder .

Sent emails are not even getting to their destinations as even my  complaint emails to the BT CEO (which were also cc'd to my gmail didn't arrive)

OR

Plusnet are barring emails going to the BT CEO .  That's okay because I am going to inundate him a screen shot of every error message I get from webmail until the issues are fixed. 

I urge everyone to send an email to the BT CEO Philip Jansen to fix the Plusnet webmail (you can Google for his email address).  Attach screenshots of the error messages you are receiving . It's the only way to force Plusnet to fix this deplorable truly awful service.

As an example of how awful the webmail service is , my 3  emails sent to the  BT CEO Philip Jansen are NOT in my sent folder .

WHERE ARE MY SENT EMAILS????Huh

bazzer
Pro

Yep, it’s [-Censored-], and has been for a very long time. 
They don’t support it, don’t want it and will do all they can to force customers to go elsewhere. 
Shortsighted, because if people move away from webmail, they’re likely to move away from PN completely. 
You can’t tell them though, they’re not prepared to listen. 

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @FAILSAFE01,

I'm really for the issue you are experiencing with your webmail and for the inconvenience, this is causing.

I can fully understand your frustrations and I am taking full ownership of your complaint.

The team I need to speak with are not open on a weekend, therefore I will contact them Monday and give you a call to discuss the next steps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team