cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow loading of email content

Rocket2
Dabbler

Slow loading of email content

For a while now I have been putting up with slow loading of email content. The emails come through to the inbox on my iPad OK, but I get a loading symbol (a rotating symbol with LOADING underneath it) for up to a minute until the content of the email comes through.  If I go off the message and back on to it, it does the same thing again. This only happens when connected to my home Plusnet WiFi internet. It doesn’t happen when I connect to any other WiFi away from home.

Any advice on a suitable fix would be appreciated. Thanks.

24 REPLIES 24
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Slow loading of email content

That suggests an internet connectivity issue - follow the usual connection / speed issue diagnostics.

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket (ideally this should be a corded phone). The line should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below. NB: You need to put your LANDLINE NUMBER after "PHONE" [missing instruction].

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Rocket2
Dabbler

Tried what you suggested (only have a wireless phone). There was a clear dial tone and quiet line.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

That’s a good start - can you please post your router stats.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Rocket2
Dabbler

Hi, the router is a Sagemcom CS 50001 Plusnet Hub One

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Can you please post the stats from the router’s help desk page.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Rocket2 If you don't know how : Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk if a Hub1

or

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information if a Hub2

John
Rocket2
Dabbler

Sorry you’ve lost me. I’m afraid that I will need step by step instructions for this. How do you get router stats? 

jab1
Legend

Which  router do you have - Hub1 or Hub2 and I'll post pictures? I assume you know how to access the Hub?

John
Rocket2
Dabbler

The router is a Plusnet Hub One. When you say access the router do you mean via a computer? 

jab1
Legend

@Rocket2 wrote:

When you say access the router do you mean via a computer? 

Or tablet/phone, but then it gets a tad tricky.

John
Rocket2
Dabbler

OK I have googled it and now I know how to access the router. What information do you need from the Helpdesk page? There are a list of 25 stats.

jab1
Legend

A screenshot of the full Helpdesk page, with your username obscured, is what we need.

John
Rocket2
Dabbler

IMG_0069.jpeg

jab1
Legend

@Rocket2 Thanks for that - A couple of observations and a question. (1) your DSL uptime of just over a day raise the question do you turn off the Hub at any time, or reboot it? (2) your downstream SNR is a little low, but given your attenuation, is not something to be unduly concerned about.

Does normal browsing suffer from any slowness, and how do you access email - via webmail or a dedicated client?

John