Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow loading of email content

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Slow loading of email content

@Rocket2   the 35Gb you have downloaded in that time suggests it could be your own traffic that is slowing you email content.

Are you doing lots of streaming or downloads from cloud drives?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Good spot, @Mustrum - I missed that originally! Embarrassed

John
Rocket2
Dabbler

Hi Jab1, I recently switched off the router (turn it off and then back on again) to see if it solved the issue. It didn’t. I don’t usually switch the router off.

Rocket2
Dabbler

Hi Mustrum,

We don’t do much downloading. The use is mainly web surfing, checking emails etc. The slow downloading of email content happens when I am the only one using the internet.

jab1
Legend

@Rocket2 OK - it was just a thought. The comment by @Mustrum is a good one though - if you are doing a lot of streaming/downloading, this will take priority over your mail collection activities.

John
jab1
Legend

@Rocket2 wrote:

Hi Mustrum,

We don’t do much downloading. The use is mainly web surfing, checking emails etc. The slow downloading of email content happens when I am the only one using the internet.

Your data sent/received figures on that screen shot suggests otherwise, unfortunately - do you have OneDrive or a similar program constantly running?

John
Rocket2
Dabbler

I can’t really explain why there is a large download showing. The only use of the internet at that time was watching Sky TV and me using this iPad to get 5he screenshot.

Funnily whilst I have been communicating I’ve noticed that the issue is no longer there now. The emails are now downloading instantly. This is the first time for many months that this has happened. I haven’t a clue what has changed this. I haven’t done anything different.

Thanks for your suggestions and advice. Hopefully the issue won’t come back.

jab1
Legend

Glad they are now downloading correctly, but if the issue returns, let us know.

John
Rocket2
Dabbler

Thanks John

it seems to be intermittent now. Sometimes I get the loading symbol and then they are back again. I will keep an eye on it.

Rocket2
Dabbler

It has been back to slow loading of email images since I last posted on here (only temporarily got better during the posts).  

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Slow loading content of emails on my iPad (even those that have previously downloaded or sent) showing a loading rotating circle for a few minutes nearly every time you access the email. I only have this problem when using my home Plusnet (not other WiFi outside) so it can’t be the iPad.