cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending mail - Message rejected due to Spam or Virus

Work4Cunard
Dabbler

Sending mail - Message rejected due to Spam or Virus

Within the last week, since applying the fix for the SPF issue ref post here , on a couple of occasions since I have received the following message when trying to send e-mails ...

<

An error occured while sending mail. The mail server responded: <alpha-numeric id> message rejected due to spam or virus. If you believe this is in error please login to your portal or contact your ISP support team.. Please check the message and try again

>

So I check the e-mail and nothing has been added that might be spam or virus. In my recent case today I am amending a message and forwarding the body of an e-mail I originally sent 5 days ago to the same destination - but with no attachments, no embedded html etc

After trying to send a couple of times (mainly to get the capture text for this report) I then get another message...

<

Login to server relay.plus.net failed.

[Retry] [ Enter New Password] [Cancel]

>

So it seems that Plusnet suspects me of not being who I am, possibly a Spammer?

I wonder if this is related to having recently switched off PN Spam Checking completly due to the SPF 550 issue.

I would not have expected that to affect outgoing mail.

In this case it seems that PN server is the one rejecting my mail, performing some analysis of the content?

Is this another 'improvement' that PN are making for the greater good?