cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Emails being blocked

CMullan

Secure Emails being blocked

Hello,

I should have received an email from my insurance provider but your system is blocking it. They have received a bounce back email which states you have marked it as spam. I am apparently not the first plusnet customer to have experienced this either. Please can you add their details to your 'legitimate' list so they can send me my documentation please? How do we go about fixing it?

This is the bounce back detail:

'Recipient email server: mx.avasin.plus.net[212.159.8.200] Rejected because: 552 Spam Message Rejected'

These are their IP's - Their sending SMTP servers are 18.130.67.165 and 18.130.3.176 

Thanks,

Charlotte

3 REPLIES 3
Bill_C
Rising Star

Re: Secure Emails being blocked

It might be that the IP addresses are coming from Amazon AWS servers without proper authentication. both the ip's listed trace back to AWS Compute servers.

They might not be on a "Blacklist" of spam addresses per se, but some places (like Plus net admins!) tend to block places like AWS without a valid way to authenticate the sender. (It stops a heck of a lot of spam emails!).

CMullan

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your thoughts. I know the secure email provider hosts in AWS which would explain why, just frustrating as I can't receive my documentation over email if this can't be resolved.

Traditional post is too slow for my liking!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Charlotte,

A warm welcome to the forums.

It would help a great deal if you were able to access the full mail headers of the bounce message being sent back to your correspondent.

Plusnet use the pan-industry Cloud Mark platform for managing spam.  I would suspect that others receiving mail from that sender have flagged it as spam and thus it has acquired a poor reputation.

@JW is this on support's radar please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.