cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPF record

vceuser

SPF record

Hi,
We send our email out via relay.plus.net and are having problems with emails being rejected due to an incorrect SPF record.
Can anyone tell me the correct SPF entry required to pick up all the plus.net outgoing email servers.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: SPF record

SPF records help identify its only you sending the mail...
check SPF
Why do you relay your mail through relay.plus.net? from the sounds of it you have your own mail platform? (if yes, why dont you just send the mail out yourselves - you will still need an SPF record though - as other people may drop your emails)
itsme
Grafter

Because the likes of hotmail and AOL will not except mail from a server with a dynamic IP and all IP's issued by PN are classed as dynamic even the static ones. Shocked Also you don't get indication from them that they have refused delivery of the emails.
This is my spf entry which work but I believe can be improved. Believe the mx and 212.159.xx.xxx declarations are the same. The  ip4:212.159.7.0/24  cover the subnet which PN server are on. Use to specify the actual IP's for each server but PN have/do more them so went for the subnet to cover this.
"v=spf1 mx ip4:212.159.xx.xxx ip4:212.159.7.0/24 -all"

vceuser

Quote from: itsme
Because the likes of hotmail and AOL will not except mail from a server with a dynamic IP and all IP's issued by PN are classed as dynamic even the static ones. Shocked Also you don't get indication from them that they have refused delivery of the emails.
This is my spf entry which work but I believe can be improved. Believe the mx and 212.159.xx.xxx declarations are the same. The  ip4:212.159.7.0/24  cover the subnet which PN server are on. Use to specify the actual IP's for each server but PN have/do more them so went for the subnet to cover this.
"v=spf1 mx ip4:212.159.xx.xxx ip4:212.159.7.0/24 -all"

Thanks,
I've just put the ip4:212.159.7.0/24 in our spf record. I wasn't sure if there were anymore needed, or if there was something I could put in that would automatically take care of any changes in PlusNet's outgoing email server ip changes.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Hello chap
Sorry didnt think of this before, but it helped me when i was trying to get a grip of SPF
Microsoft's SPF Wizard
(i had issues with hotmail just randomly dropping my email - redid it using their wizard and ive had no issues from anyone (except anyone i block outgoing too Embarrassed )
Hope all is well, worth remembering that SPF doesnt update instantly - so you have to tweak then hope its right Cheesy
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: vceuser
I've just put the ip4:212.159.7.0/24 in our spf record. I wasn't sure if there were anymore needed, or if there was something I could put in that would automatically take care of any changes in PlusNet's outgoing email server ip changes.

Try this:
v=spf1 mx include:madasafish.com

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

vceuser

Quote from: Bob
Quote from: vceuser

Try this:
v=spf1 mx include:madasafish.com

Excellent - Just the thing I was after.
Thanks