cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected by server email error

smudgeroony

Rejected by server email error

I am trying to send a message to multiple recipients with a couple of attachments, but I keep getting the message "your email message was unable to be sent because your email server rejected the message" - any ideas please? I have checked the account settings and I think they are OK

5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Rejected by server email error

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from General Chat to Email.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav
Fixes: 515

What are the combined sizes of the attachments as I believe there is a 7MB limit when sending via webmail and 100MB limit (effectively around 85MB due to MIME encoding) when using an email client?

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

smudgeroony

They only add up to about 3MB, and I've sent more than this before. Is there a limit on the number of people you can have in a contact group?

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

I'd say size might the issue, have you tried sending just one on it's own with or without those attachments?

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
smudgeroony

It turns out there was a problem with one of the attachments, nothing to do with size or the number in the contact group at all!