cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received mail being blocked as spam

philipgreg

Received mail being blocked as spam

Hi I receive some critical emails from a regular sender but they are no longer arriving at my plus net account. They are being bounced as SPAM and not even making it to my junk folder, this is very inconvenient. Other emails from the same sender are being received but not all of them. The emails are addressed to my domain and redirected to my plusnet mailbox (both anonomised for posting) The bounce email contains: philip@xxxxxxx.plus.com (ultimately generated from philip@mydomainname.me.uk) host mx.avasin.plus.net [212.159.9.200] SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: 552 Spam Message Rejected The header of the bounced message looks like this From: Bethan Xxxxxx To: Philip XXXXXX Cc: Bcc: Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 10:14:35 +0000 Subject: Re: Bookings not on owners portal There seems to be no reason for these to be marked as SPAM is there anyway to white list the domain? Thanks Phil
4 REPLIES 4
LoneBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Received mail being blocked as spam

I am also getting emails from people who are having problems replying to my emails and getting messages back from my account saying their email has been rejected as they am considered spam, which is a bit embarrassing. They are people in my regular contacts so I am mystified as to what would trigger such a response and would like advice on how to overcome it.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @philipgreg, I'm sorry that you're having issues.

I can see this is being dealt with on the ticket thread here, and a latest update added earlier this morning.

Hi @LoneBee, so we can look into this for you, please can you reply on this ticket I've created with the following details:

- The email headers

- The full error string

- The non-deliverable report

If possible, please also provide the content of the email being said to help us find out why this could be happening.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
philipgreg

Yes it's now deteriorated badly - if i send a mail to others on the same domain they just disappear - some get a bounce back others don't. Those that do are all reporting 550 errors. Had to switch to redirecting to gmail for now until this is fixed. Another post further up so happening to lots of people.

MrE
Dabbler

Are your emails being forwarded by a domain hosting company such as 123Reg? There is another thread on here relating to that issue that has flagged a workaround.