cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Re: Problems with Webmail

After 12 attempts to read my e mail this morning I gave up and will try later as they suggest Nothing new here then  Maybe they were delayed and still working at it   Maybe I am clutching at straws......

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I immediately went back to my e mails and guess what they were all there so I tried to read one and Here we go again SERVER ERROR so although I can see them I cant read them Happy Days

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Two hours on still cant access my e mails get an occasional listing of e mails then it wont let me open them Did they actually do anything last night because it actually seems worse than it was before (if that's possible) ...

Gary1
Dabbler

Worse than ever now.  Can't access my emails at all.  Completely fed up as losing money due to online sales, sort this out for Gods sake!!!!  What a shambles, rubbish company, rubbish email, rubbish internet to be honest, [Removed] staff who obviously are not reading this or who are  ignoring this. 

Plusnet - I hope you are going to compensate everyone for the time and money wasted/lost through this debacle

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps post edited as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Derogatory remark regarding staff removed as per Forum rules.

woodsmr

Fortunately, I seem to be able to access my emails on an iPad, but not on my mobile phone, nor on desktop or laptop, but this is far from ideal - is there any indication when this is going to get fixed?

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

This was supposed to have been fixed last night but they seem to have made it worse I haven't been able to access my emails all day. How is it they can find the time to edit our remarks but not to answer our complaints I suppose that is an automatic response that seems very efficient in censoring our messages but not efficient in anything else....

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Definitely NO !! improvement ,, in fact its worse now Sad Ticked_off

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
bazzer
Pro

I did not think this could get any worse but how wrong was I?

Even mails downloaded via my iPhone / iPad and directly to my PC are being affected.

Hobby
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Same issue here, no access at all via webmail. Whole things seems to be a complete mess. No word from PLusnet at asll and worse still I notice that the service status page does not work, all links are no longer working. Probably taken down so we cannot find out what is going on? Any comment from Plusnet please as trying to ring is hopeless and as usual online chat gives you the usual message that the service is very busy - currently No 23 in the queue down from No 47 40 mins ago! Why are PlusNet so hard to contact nowadays? I am a long standing customer (Dec 2003) and the service is just getting worse and worse. Very frustrating ad disappointing.
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

About the only thing working is this forum wonder how long before we don't even have this to turn to for answers I need to look at my e mails a basic right on any service provider and I am being prevented from this by a service provider that's main selling point was its service to its customers and it is falling well short of any kind of service let alone a good service.

mof

I am also a long standing customer and am finding the email problems intolerable (and potentially costly - in my case it's solicitors and energy companies as well as online purchases).

I see that the consumer people ('Which?') continue to give Plusnet good ratings for customer service; it's  time that was corrected to reflect this appalling state of affairs and I'm going to get on to the consumer guys about it pronto.

I'd ask others to do the same if they can. 

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Have posters seen this post :

Hi drj,

HarryB (Community Gaffer) posted a new reply in Email on 29-11-2016 11:45 AM :

Re: email problem

drj wrote:

It's apparently being sorted this evening from 10pm

I'm not sure why you've been advised the maintenance last night was to fix all the webmail problems. Unfortunately the work was not expected to resolve all the issues people have been seeing on webmail and was just essential maintenance that could possibly have brought other improvements with it. We're still looking at how to improve the more apparent issues that people have been reporting.

Really! That's not what was being suggested.

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Even using a client - Outlook Express in my case - it's taken several attempts to access my emails - they are now coming in but it looks slower than usual.

mrob
Grafter

Likewise, haven't been able to access my emails at all for most of today and also yesterday evening.

My webmail has been problematic off and on for a couple of months but has become much worse in the past few weeks.

i just can't get my head round the lack of any meaningful response from Plusnet since webmail has obviously been so inefficient for so many users for such a long time.

I thought that keeping your customers informed was Business 101 ?  (and I mean properly informed as opposed to the bland public service announcements we've been receiving) 

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Hopefully this will help...

Service: Email

Posted: Tue, Nov 29 2016 at 20:04:26

Subject: Email/Webmail connection issues (96159) - UPDATE

This is an update to our previous posts regarding issues connecting to our webmail service.

We've identified the root cause of the issue and will perform maintenance overnight to rectify this.

In order to complete this work both email and webmail services will be unavailable between 10.30pm this evening and 5.30am tomorrow morning.

We apologise for any further inconvenience this may bring and further updates will be provided tomorrow.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine