Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Problems with Webmail

@Fantasticfourum wrote:

Does anyone know if I can move my domain name to another web server as that is the only thing keeping me here......

If it's a domain that you have registered yes you can as many have done.

You can't move @username.plus.com - but if that's what you are using I'd recommend registering your own domain elsewhere so that you are never tied to an ISP in the future.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

OFFICAL !!  Plusnet Webmail is now completely screwed!

I've noticed a few times over the last month or so that the messages totals in Webmail folders do not tally with the same folder names in Windows 10 Mail. Tonight this problem has become much worse.

Below is my email totals for each respective folder...

----------------------------

W10 Mail - INBOX = 5

Webmail - INBOX = 64

----------------------------

W10 Mail - Sent Items = 6

Webmail - Sent Items = 14

------------------------------------

W10 Mail - Deleted Items = 114

Webmail - Deleted Items = 412

I have just emptied my Deleted Items folder in W10 Mail and synced again and I have also refreshed the mail on Webmail. The Deleted Items folder on Webmail is now showing 391 emails. Clearly something is wrong with this.., lets do the maths..

412 - 114 = 298  (It does NOT = 391 as shown in Webmail)

Also where has the 'Purge Command' in Webmail disappeared too? Sometimes it's visible whilst other times it's absent. 

I'm hoping someone from Plusnet will read this because if you think the above is bad lets just compare the above figures with the old 'Squirrel Mail'

Inbox = 82

Sent Items = 14

Deleted Items = 0

Dear Plusnet, usually I charge for a design but I'm giving you this one for free. Let's just say, I've done you proud Thumbs_Up

Plusnet Slow.jpg

I'd like to give a special thanks to 'Joe', star of the above advertisement for lending a hand or should I say foot in creating this promotional advertisement. Joe is my pet Giant African Land Snail. Joe is currently available for hire and is seeking work either on Eastenders or Coronation Street. Sadly things didn't work out with that Titchmarsh bloke! 

Here's Joe enjoying a beer..

DSCF0401_Opt.jpg

Joe & the kids....

DSCF0431.JPG

bobthegas

You should be so lucky. I had a folder in webmail that contained 7300 emails. Many emails were duplicated 25 times. when I removed the duplicates after several hours of work I was left with 930, matching the number in the folder in Mail on my desktop machine. Of course PN accept no responsibility for the duplication and send me emails complaining about the excessive size of my mailboxes! No help at all, they blame my mail client.

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the info I will do as I cant take the waiting anymore

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

That was some refreshing relief looking at snails while my e mail is loading Maybe PN should follow suit and give us some entertainment while waiting for e mails to load, mine still haven't so I am going to youtube for an hour then maybe they will have loaded by then. Seriously if my company or any ones for that matter was bombarded with sarcastic comments and complaints I think I would shut it down as it must be so embarrassing for PN employees especially as they are supposed to pride themselves with their customer service.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

well the last update 3 weeks ago said they had made improvements Huh

https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Email-Webmail-connection-issues-96159-UPDATE/m-p/141346...

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Not sure where they have made improvements ?

What I don't understand is why it was bad last year then got really bad then really really bad then it improved to just bad and then reasonable service ( if you don't mind 30 - 40 seconds to load ) but now yesterday really bad and today just bad again its like a whores drawers up and down.......................

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

I think if the truth were know Plusnet probably haven't a clue why this problem still exists because if they had it would have been fixed long ago and pretty quickly. Those 'Status' messages we all see are just an attempt at making us all believe that something is happening when the reality for their customers seems to be the exact opposite.

The one thing that seems common to the majority of complaints is the lack of any ability to empty our folders. I was shocked to read on another post that Plusnet are now issuing requests to some customers to cleanup some folders as they're running out of storage space on the servers. This suggest that the issue is a fault of Plusnet who clearly don't have the storage capacity to provide a good service to all it's customers.

Putting all this into perspective I still maintain that Plusnet are one of the better ISP's but with that said there's only so much any of us are likely to 'put up with' before we start searching for more capable providers.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@MKSlinky wrote:
I was shocked to read on another post that Plusnet are now issuing requests to some customers to cleanup some folders as they're running out of storage space on the servers. This suggest that the issue is a fault of Plusnet who clearly don't have the storage capacity to provide a good service to all it's customers.

To clarify, it's not that we don't have storage space. It's simply keeping in line with the acceptable use policy for email addresses we provide:

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/acceptable-use-policy/
9.2. If you exceed a total of 1GB (Gigabytes) of stored email on our servers for more than a 30 day period, the excess data may be removed without notice to you.

The notifications people are mentioning regarding this are likely just more noticeable now as they weren't sent out as often as they should have been in the past, whereas they are now automated and include more useful information regarding the current usage of each mailbox connected to the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cuke
Grafter

Yet another pathetic excuse for a substandard service, I cleaned out my folders weeks ago yet the server is still timing out when trying to access my inbox and has been for several days now.

Plusnet need to stop bluffing, own up to the fact they've got it wrong and sort it out...

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

It's not an excuse for the poor webmail service we've been seeing periodically over the past few months. It's simply an explanation as to why people are receiving notifications requesting they delete emails if they have over 1GB.

If anything, I made the post to say the requests to reduce the sizes of mailboxes is not related to why the webmail service has been poor recently. It was certainly not to back it up as a reason why it's been poor.

I hope that clears things up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cuke
Grafter

Ok, and I appreciate you taking the time to reply. However you must understand that many of us who use the webmail service, and I can only use webmail access, are very frustrated about the seemingly inability from plusnet to resolve a problem that you agree has been going on for months. I cannot get to access one email I wish to read and reply to because I cannot access my inbox at all..

AmigaMan
Rising Star

This is odd because when I report my webmail service is poor others on here state theirs is running fine, or as good as it can be of late. These last few days, when many are reporting terrible service, my webmail hasn't been too bad at all! Not fast by any means but useable.

I really don't understand what's going on. It never works the same two days running. I still say PlusNet are swapping leads around each day to give everyone a chance of decent service Smiley

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The webmail service I've received yesterday and especially today is the worst I've EVER experienced on here! Trying to get into the Inbox often just times out.

So much for improvements having been made. Then at 6.00pm it suddenly goes much faster. Why?

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@HarryB

I'm sorry but I just don't buy that! Clearly Plusnet needs to have such procedures in force but to take action by issuing people these emails is just not right. If Webmail was a fully functioning system without any errors one could argue the justification for this but as Webmail is neither of the above I think Plusnet are just passing the blame. You only have to read the comments here and in other posts to realise that these issues of congestion on your servers cannot be remedied so easily just by deleting old emails. I've said a number of times already that it's physically impossible to do this with my own account due to incorrect/missing server permissions

As yet I haven't heard one good argument from Plusnet as to why these issues with Webmail remain. Yes we've all heard that new software needs to be implemented and tested but why has this taken 5+ months? With no end in sight for the misery of your customers isn't it about time that Plusnet comes clean?