cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Problems with Webmail

I assume you are saying this @rongtw on the assumption that the issue is actually being caused by these additional users sending emails, the numbers don't stack up for me here and I’m not convinced that is the case, hence my surreptitious post from earlier.

bazzer
Pro

This is back again!

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

FernandoR
Dabbler

CAN senior management come on here and comment.   I hope they realise folks will vote with their feet.   

annthomasltd
Rising Star

Hi again all you mods!

ERM, seriously, I'll paste it here again once more and ask for a response from ANY PN representative:

"SERIOUSLY though, I hope that one of you Cartman's with a conscience has contacted your customer in a serious predicament:

craigmundy 

Yes, I am really struggling now. My husband is disabled and I use email to keep in touch with a number of health care professionals on his behalf/ for his continuing care.  I've not been able to access webmail for over 3 days now.  Help....as if I haven't got enough to contend with....

Please advise that some contact has been made with YOUR customer in a serious situation."

I haven't received any form of reply on this one above ? neither on here or pm.

I/we need a response to this asap.

I WILL go to the press today if you cannot give an answer about a customer with real-life problems PN are part of.

madmax1968
Grafter

PN Gone home for christmas much use as a chocolate teapot!

Mav
Fixes: 516

@annthomasltd

Mods are customers like yourself with no access to customer accounts or PN systems.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

madmax1968
Grafter

The Sun has been contacted see a full spread shortly and i can buy all my christmas presents i wanted as a kid!

annthomasltd
Rising Star

Mav, seriously, stop the rules & regs and get in touch with your contact(s) about YOUR customer in distress because of your techjnical issues.

None of you mods have given a reply to my question:

C'mon mods, honestly come back to confirm you're doing this for nothing....not a discount nor a free subscription....no benefits/promises of any kindHuh The vast, vast majority doesn’t do anything for nothing these days.

So c'mon & prove me wrong. I can apologise when apt.

Nonetheless, I am about to phone the Sheffield Telegraph, Yorks Evening Post, to explain how PN IGNORE a customer in distress, under said conditions. This is appalling.

madmax1968
Grafter

Jumped aboard Watchdog like a few others as this is unacceptable as a paying customer of 35 notes a month by DD

bazzer
Pro

I emailed the MD yesterday. Someone from PN tried to call me today but I was out. They left a message to say that my email has been received, they are aware of the problems and working to resolve.

It's no more info then we already know but it at least shows they are aware of the dissatisfaction of it's customers as I made my feelings explicitly clear.

To be honest, if I had just a handful of contacts that would require updating in the event that I left PN I would have done so but with hundreds of potential changes it's a nightmare to think about doing.

However, there is only so much anyone can take and if it continues I'll sacrifice the work it will take to do.

BarryB11

Well said FernandoR.

When you see a comment that they have found the root cause and then scheduled maintenance then you expect that they will then resolve the fault.  As customers we should be given a visibility of their RCA (root cause analysis) to prove they are competent and applying ITIL processes to manage the fault down. The exchange servers are obviously working fine otherwise we could get to them via email client software so come on PlusNet - 'fess up' to the problem so we can give you breathing space or tell us that you don't want to run webmail anymore, in which case how about paying for us to have MSOutlook on our PCs so we can download safely without risking Thunderbird, or worse, with no formal AV safety mechanism for mail content.

I'm happy with the 'vintage' feel of PN Webmail - when it works it is acceptable for the price I pay. "When" is the operative word though.   It needs to be properly fixed - pronto.

madmax1968
Grafter

Mav showing his true colours now hey mucker!

madmax1968
Grafter

PN IS A JOKE and to leave a disabled customer in distress is unacceptable today!

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I am no expert , But looking from basic point of View it would be plausible .
Going By past PN performance , ie what happend to the massive Packet loss mess up when PN moved lots of customers over to the New network .
Then aslo there was the Massive C--k up when they move customers to the new packages from 40/20 to 40/2 or 55/10
So looking at the track record just lately is not so good with lots of new customers.
you understand where i am coming from
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I would also Suggest People to post this on social media ie Facebook , or on PN twiter page as the more people who see this will Help !!

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .