cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem receiving email in outlook 2007

martin2006
Grafter

Problem receiving email in outlook 2007

hi, i am trying to help out a friend set up their email after a pc failure. i have set up their email in outlook 2007 on a different pc and the settings all appear ok and the test email sends, but i cant receive any emails to the account apart from if i put postmaster@******.plus.com. if i put the name@******.plus.com it isnt received.
i have checked the email settings on the plusnet site and the email account is showing so i am stumped
its windows xp
i have changed the name on the windows xp user account and tried changing it back as well but neither works if that is significant
any help much appreciated as always
cheers
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Problem receiving email in outlook 2007

Is the name mailbox the default one or a separately allocated one? If it's a separate one Outlook 2007 should be set to login with a username of accountname+mailboxname (including the +) with the password assigned to that mailboxname
David
martin2006
Grafter

Re: Problem receiving email in outlook 2007

hi, thanks for the quick response, i had it set up exactly how i set it up recently with outlook express and had the *******2006+bob, shall we say and it just wasnt recognising the password when i tried to test the settings, but it would let me test the settings if i took the +bob off, so i did a password request and i received this to the webmail inbox and then i went into edit the account detail and changed the password to the reminded password which was the same password i had been using, so basically put the same password back in and now it seems to have started receiving emails to the outlook inbox, but where the other test emails went i havent got  a clue as they werent in the webmail inbox either?Huh
that probably doesnt make any sense what i just wrote..................